• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feathering is out of control

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a selection and set the feather to 1 pixel (Select > Modify > Feather), however it's much deeper than that.  How else do i control/disable feathering a selection

Photoshop CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not say how you made the initial selection.

If you used one of the marquee tools or lasso tools , in the options bar there is a feather setting. Set that to zero before selecting.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I got around it by making work path by selection and re-selecting that way.  Is there another way to change feathering after making selection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No  - the modify (along with Select & Mask's feathering slider ) allow you to increase the feather but not decrease it.

Your workaround using a path then reselecting is quite clever

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can decrease existing feather -- sort of. If you go to Quick Mask mode, you can use Levels, Curves, or even Threshold to get the feathering back to zero. Unfortunately, the shape of the selection will not be the same as if you had gone with zero feathering from the start. Straight edges won't be bad, but corners and bends will be very different,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES, I just used the workaround with the path - saved me from having to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!   THANKS!       🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines