• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom does not recognize the photo's of my new camera?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Lightroom 5. This version does not recognize the photo's of my new camera. Can I wait for an upgrade from Adobe or do I have to buy Lightroom version 6? When I have to do that I have one more question. Can I upgrade Lightroom 6 to Lightroom 6.8?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Lightroom 5.7.1 was the final upgrade  to LR 5, and was the last in a series of refinements, improvements or bug correctors of the original LR  5.0  since  it was initially released. There will be no more, newer versions of LR 5.

LR 6.0 was first released in April 2015 and has since then progressed to the current 6.8. It is unknown to the general public when that series will end.

There are two other situations, at present: the DNG Converter mentioned above or the subscription plan. The CC subscrip

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us the exact make and model of the new camera.

Tell us the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom (go to Help->System Info)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom version is 5.7.1 and my camera is a Canon EOS M5 I allready checked with adobe and it is supported by version Lightroom 6.8 What I wonder is if version 5 will get an update or that I will have to get Lightroom version 6 and if I can update this version to 6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going from LR5 to LR6 is a paid upgrade ($79), and yes, there is a free update to 6.8.

To upgrade, go to this page Software & Services , click Buy next to Lightroom, then click Full, and choose Upgrade from the dropdown.

Alternatively, use the free DNG Converter, which will convert your raw files to DNGs that can be read by LR5.

Download from here: Product updates

A third alternative is to subscribe to the CC Photography Plan - latest versions of Lightroom and Photoshop for $10 a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Per thank you for your answer. I think  I now know what to do. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Herman+de+Roos  wrote

What I wonder is if version 5 will get an update or that I will have to get Lightroom version 6 and if I can update this version to 6.8.

Lightroom 5 will never be updated for this camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob,

thank you for your answer. Thanks to you and Per I now know what to do.

regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.7.1 was the final upgrade  to LR 5, and was the last in a series of refinements, improvements or bug correctors of the original LR  5.0  since  it was initially released. There will be no more, newer versions of LR 5.

LR 6.0 was first released in April 2015 and has since then progressed to the current 6.8. It is unknown to the general public when that series will end.

There are two other situations, at present: the DNG Converter mentioned above or the subscription plan. The CC subscription will guarantee that you always have the latest improvements in both Lightroom and Photoshop and the best integration between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Elie,

Thank you for your answer. I think I know what to do at this moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hermanderoos,

Check the supported cameras with there respective Lightroom version, refer: Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines