• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements will not launch

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After not having used Premiere Elements for a couple of months I find it's not launching anymore.

Starting Premiere it first launches the dialog where i can choose Photo Editor, Organizer or Video Editor. The first two works fine, but when trying to launch Video Editor the blue band animation bellow the button just starts but nothing happens.

I've follow this guide re-installing all Adobe products, and the c++ redistributable

Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements do not launch | Windows 10

I've also renamed folders, checked host files and everything else in this guide

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

I've ran the system with firewall and anitvirus disabeled

I find in the eventviewer the following info

-System

-Provider
[ Name] Application Error

-EventID1000

[ Qualifiers] 0
Level2
Task100
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-02-13T19:01:03.633307900Z
EventRecordID2626
ChannelApplication
ComputerElefant
Security
-EventData

Adobe Premiere Elements.exe
55e5a5ad
UIFramework.dll
55e59ee3
c0000005
0000000000043d10
a974
01d2862b8562b968
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 14\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 14\UIFramework.dll
15494c68-1b44-47b2-9650-e238554ff280

I'm running windows 10.0.14393.0 and have done so since windows 10 came out. Premiere has worked on the computer with this setup before. Both windows and graphics card have been patched/updated multiple times since I last used Premiere on this computer.

Its an i7 gen2, 16GB RAM. Nvidia Gforce gtx960 graphics card on a dellup3216q monitor

Any tips or solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally solved it!

I have a dedicated drive with all my personal folders. Down in my Documentsfolder I have a Video folder where Elements stores my projects bye default.

In addition I have a virtual drive-letter (from using the subst command) pointing directly to the Documents folder. I see that this virtual drive has not mountet correctly and after running the subst command again Premiere started like it normally would. Now, I cant se the virtual drive referenced

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you're using version 15, I'd recommend you contact Adobe Tech Support via Chat.

https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact.html?step=PRE_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one thing I forgot...its Adobe Premiere Elements 14. Chat did not come up as an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your video driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've checked that both video drivers and windows 10 patches are the latest available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update the video driver from the AMD or nVidia site? You can't trust Windows to provide the latest driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drivers where downloaded from the Nvidia website. The strange part is that nothing is happening. Its not that its crashing, it just will not start after clicking the Video Editor button. The Eventviewer message references one of the Adobe dll files. I've checked that it exists and that privilegies are correct (and did a complete removal and re-install), still same message in eventlog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version if nVidia drivers do you have?

Toward the end of last year nVidia released a series of drivers that "broke" a number of programs, including Premiere Elements. The symptoms are exactly as you've described.

Versions 376 and later supposedly fix this issue, particularly with this hot fix.

GeForce Hot Fix driver version 376.48 | NVIDIA

But the problem does seem very much to be related to nVidia's drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the 376.48 drivers when I discovered the problem the first time. Then I upgraded to the latest 378.49 which was released late in January.

Since Adobe does not offer any support of Premiere Elements other than installation problems as far as I can understand from their "Contact us" support dialog I've been trying out other options. Both Videopad, Hitfilm Express, Movie Maker, Blender, works without a flaw. I'll download a trial version of Premiere Elements 15 and check that out as well, but since the support options are the same it seems risky to upgrade even if it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried a trial of Premiere Elements 15. Same chain of events. Welcome Screen launches - choose Web Editor, the animation bar kicks in for a few seconds and then it stops. Premiere do not launch.

If I were to guess there it has something to do with some libraries or dlls of some sort, or maybe some common redistributables like the c++ (which I've allready re-installed according to previously mentioned article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I have nothing more to suggest.

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally solved it!

I have a dedicated drive with all my personal folders. Down in my Documentsfolder I have a Video folder where Elements stores my projects bye default.

In addition I have a virtual drive-letter (from using the subst command) pointing directly to the Documents folder. I see that this virtual drive has not mountet correctly and after running the subst command again Premiere started like it normally would. Now, I cant se the virtual drive referenced in any of the settings in Premiere (I only use real drive-letters for software), but I'm sure I've used it in the Open project or Add media dialogs at some point and that Premiere for some reason checks the availability of this drive as a part of the startup.

So that was the problem, why I have en eventviewer full of messages pointing to my c:\ drive and Adobe dlls everytime I've tried to start Premiere still puzzles me. There is no virtual drive pointing to the c:\ drive either. Anyways...solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines