• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Terrible support - Support Guy Lost ALL my Presets

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two calls, both failed to resolve issue.  First guy told me Lightroom "didn't do that"  With second guy I re-created the problem while he was on my computer with remote support.  Without my permission he recreated the Lightroom folder and wiped out all my export and develop presets and for some reason much of my color labels.  Case number 0188666666.

My Lightroom - most current version on most current version of Apple OS -  on both my iMac and MacBook will intermittently blank out all menus screens, the menu areas left, right, top, and bottom go black though image remains (and no, its not hide menus or full screen, the menu space is still there it just goes black..  Seems to occur after I minimize LR window then maximize it. I have to then close and reopen LR to get it functioning again.

The inability to solve the problem is bad enough but for the guy to delete all my presets without asking or giving me the opportunity to copy them off somewhere is unforgivable. 

I have no idea how I'm going to re-create them all.  Is the old folder/file  somewhere I can find it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

This is a known bug that Adobe has acknowledged in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Family Customer Commun…  The only known workaround is to roll back to a previous version (see the bug report).  Frankly, I wouldn't waste more time with phone support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a non-technical Lounge.  We don't work for Adobe.

I think you'll need to contact support again and give them your case number.   

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because that worked so well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug that Adobe has acknowledged in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom 2015.7/8: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fa...  The only known workaround is to roll back to a previous version (see the bug report).  Frankly, I wouldn't waste more time with phone support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The third guy on support told me about the known bug and I rolled back to the previous version.  Still pretty terrible that the first two didn't know and led me down the wrong path.  I'm a photographer, I'm not on these forums.  Adobe should have informed users proactively.  Pretty bad there are probably so many others out there struggling with this problem and (from my experience) 2 out of 3 Adobe support people don't know enough to give them the right answers.  Known bugs should be handled better than having a persistent user have to call three times and spend hours of his day trying to get it resolved.  Whether this is the right forum or not (which was my best guess as a casual user picking this one) still pretty terrible service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines