• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

webcam has no audio in Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I decided to make the leap and get a desktop to do my animation work. In setting up my work station, I purchased a Logitech c920 webcam. Video capture seems to work. However, Character Animator doesn't want to recognize the audio? I know I have audio because it shows up when setting up in system preferences on my Mac. What gives? Do I need a different version webcam?? Is there a setting I'm not seeing??? Please advise.

Thanks!

Susy Garner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the webcam showing up if you go into your Character Animator preferences? If you have other inputs like internal mics, do they work?

We have had some issues in the past with this webcam and the Mac. See the threads at:

https://forums.adobe.com/community/character-animator/content?query=+c920

Some users were able to fix things by updating drivers or disabling other programs, but your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No audio no matter what I tried. Sending back the webcam. Any other suggestions for webcams?

Thanks

Susy Garner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only ever used the built-in Macbook Pro one, personally. In other threads I've seen the HP HD4310 mentioned. If audio quality is important, though, you may want to look into external USB mics as well regardless - I use a CAD u37 mic for all our videos, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The C920 has great video quality, but very bad audio quality. On top of that, it only supports sample rates of 32k and below. On the Mac, Apple's onboard audio only supports 44.1 and above, so we can't match the input and the output sample rates.

There is a workaround you can do. You can create an aggregate device with the C920 as the input and the Mac output as the output.

That said, I recommend a dedicated microphone or audio interface. I haven't found a webcam with sufficiently good audio yet.

Dan R.

Character QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines