• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something wrong with my computer?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. In dec I bought a new laptop. Someone told me that Lenova Idepad 500 15,6, FHD, AMD FX, 256GB SSD & 2GB was good for me who works with Photoshop and mostly LR.

I don't work professionell but I try to work a lot with it anyway.

From the day I start use this computer LR turn crazy, it is sooooooo slow, stops and start and The screen turns black or blue for a few seconds now and then...

Drives me crazy

Is it something wrong with this laptop or is it not good enough for LR and PS?

If I have to buy a new one - what do you recommend?  Laptop or not? And I can not spend more then 15-18.000 SEK. //

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

You could generate SMART PREVIEWS and then turn on the option in preferences to use the smart previews in the develop module.   This is supposed to speed things up but I have never had to try it as Lr is fast enough for my needs.  I still wish Adobe would speed things up though and get rid of some of the bugs.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.22.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using LR 6 or LR CC2015?

If yes, try to turn off the GPU acceleration: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This computer has an extremely slow CPU by today's standards. That's probably the problem.

You also don't say what camera you are using (or how large the original files are in megapixels, do not tell me megabtyes), and you don't say if you are shooing RAW or JPG. Can you provide these details?

it would be nice if you gave the computer specs in more detail, do you really mean you have 2GB of RAM? Or did you mean your hard disk is 2 TB (not GB)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need more than 2gb of ram, especially since you probably don't have a dedicated graphics processor so some of this 2gb is being used for graphics.  A ram upgrade to 4gb or better yet 8gb should be done as a minimum.     It still will not be great but should really help with the issues you are having.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 7.05.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have NikonD7200 and I always take photo in RAW.

The laptop has 8gb in RAM.

And I have prenumeration, I pay every month, for PS and LR so it is the latest version;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your initial post, you mention 2 GB as part of your system specs. We have assumed you were referring to the amount of RAM in the computer. What does that 2 GB  have reference to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D7200 RAWs are 24 megapixel, not a job for your slow CPU, seems to me you need a faster CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could generate SMART PREVIEWS and then turn on the option in preferences to use the smart previews in the develop module.   This is supposed to speed things up but I have never had to try it as Lr is fast enough for my needs.  I still wish Adobe would speed things up though and get rid of some of the bugs.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.22.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines