Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Project Question

Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took over our company's one RoboHelp license after the previous person left and am having trouble with a couple of the projects. There's a total of 4 projects, 2 of them were copied into our group's folder over the network. I copied them to my hard drive and they open just fine. The other 2 were related to another group so those folders were copied to a different part of the network. The guy is gone and the files that were on his hard drive gone too so I only have these files that are on the network. Anyway, I copied those 2 project files to my hard drive as well and they see to be missing the project file. They don't have the .XPJ, the .CDP, the .CHM, the .HHC, the .HHK, or the .HHP files. All they have are Jscripts, HTML pages, XML pages, CSS style sheets, text files, various icons, a RoboHHRE.LNG file, a webhelp.jar which gave me a popup that said it was corrupted when I double clicked it, and something called a webhelp cabinet file. I downloaded HHP Builder but when I tried to open the project after building the HHP file, RoboHelp crashed. I did backup before I attempted this. 1 of these projects didn't have that much on it so I don't really care about that one. The other one has dozens of pages on it and it very well developed. That's the one that concerns me.

I'm afraid I may already know the answer, but I will ask anyway: To anyone's knowledge, is it possible to recreate these files or create source files from the compiled version? The documentation is displaying perfectly fine over the web right now; it just needs some updates. Or am I completely screwed and need to start over with a new project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008
Welcome to our community, quarliphia

Unfortunately, you have some work to do if you cannot locate the true source. The link below should help you identify the scope.

Click here to read an article

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, quarliphia

Unfortunately, you have some work to do if you cannot locate the true source. The link below should help you identify the scope.

Click here to read an article

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2008 Aug 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Rick and thank you! A step by step of what I needed to do is exactly what I was hoping for.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp