• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stepped or jagged lines on all Photoshop tools

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently reinstalled Photoshop CC on my Windows 10 Pro PC, and after working a bit with it, I noticed a strange problem.

After the first 20 actions (selection, brush strockes, etc), any line that I draw with any tool looks jagged or stepped. Every curve drawing tool from Lasso, including all brushes, to Clone and Blur tools are affected by this issue.

GwMZVGV.png

No matter if I connect the pen tablet or just use the mouse, they produce the same lines. This doesn't occur anywhere else (Animate draws lines just fine), so I don't think it is a mouse or pen tablet problem.

My guess is that there could be a conflict with my two graphic cards, a high-end Nvidia GTX 980 and a mid-end Nvidia GT 710, but I haven't tested out with just one of them. Could this be the issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

It seems that this only happens while slices are visible. After hiding the slices I made, Photoshop was able to draw smooth curves again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have two different enabled GPUs in you system Photoshop may have problems has been posted many times. I would also think that system interrupts and conflicts could interrupt interfere with time sensitive real-time execution brush strokes require. Brush spacing and speed of stroke can also play a part.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that this only happens while slices are visible. After hiding the slices I made, Photoshop was able to draw smooth curves again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may also see thing like that when you have layers and guides and snap to on and use a brush

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines