• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import .avi in Premiere Elements 9 ('allgemeiner Fehler' ('general error'))

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently I have tried to install Adobe Premiere Elements 9 on a Mac and I would like to import an avi file which is made on a windows computer in Adobe Premiere Elements 4 but every time I try to import it, I receive an 'allgemeiner Fehler' ('general error' or something like that). I have tried to to find answers on internet and wonder if it could be something with codecs but I am not so fit with these kind of things and if it would really have something to do with the codecs, it would make sense to me that this would already be named in the error-message.

Does anyone have an idea what it could be and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Janny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Where exactly was this AVI created?

Is it video from a camcorder or was it exported from a Premiere Elements 4 project? Does the video open in Premiere Elements 4?

What steps are you taking to import the file into a Premiere Elements? Remember that you use Get Media to get the video into a Premiere Elements project. You do NOT use File/Open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly was this AVI created?

Is it video from a camcorder or was it exported from a Premiere Elements 4 project? Does the video open in Premiere Elements 4?

What steps are you taking to import the file into a Premiere Elements? Remember that you use Get Media to get the video into a Premiere Elements project. You do NOT use File/Open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your reply and IT WORKS!

I have no idea why, I don't think I did anything different or that something changed but for whatever kind of reason it is now working.

Maybe there has been an automatic update which somehow by itself fixed the issue, could that be?

Many greetings,

Janny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines