• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 (Mac) constantly crashes

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- after opening a project file CS6 crashes - also creating new ones lead to the same crash

- the only thing that works is literally just starting CS6 - as soon as it has to work, it crashes

- few new installations did not help

- restore MacBook with a BackUp where CS6 worked, didn't help

- since other users on the same MacBook can work with CS6 without any problems, it must be connected to this one respective user (also administrator)

If there is any chance of handling this issue without having the user creating a complete new account on his MacBook, that would be wonderful.

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install Adobe applications from a backup. You need to download a new installer from here:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

CS6 won't install or work correctly on the newest version of Mac or Windows operating systems. What operating system is on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

thanks for your fast reply! Sorry for the misunderstanding. By "restore MacBook with a BackUp where CS6 worked" I meant, that I used a BackUp on which CS6 worked before perfectly fine, than deinstalled the program and installed again fresh.

We have a CD to start the installation here at work, do you think the downloaded file from the webpage could solve the problem?

The currently installed OS is the newest version of macOS Sierra 10.12.

Again, thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not compatible with Sierra, I'm afraid. There will never be an update for CS6 to account for changes in the mac OS operating system. You can either roll back to an earlier OS, or upgrade to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already mentioned, CS6 is not supported under Sierra (or El Capitan). Either roll it back to 10.10, move to Creative Cloud, or learn to live with the problems. CS6 reached EOL and Adobe does not even sell it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys!

I was afraid that this might be the problem.

But still I do not understand why the crash only happens under this one specific Mac user on the MacBook. Again, if I change to a different user or even create a new one, I can work on the project file without any complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s no way of answering that and for all we know the next Sierra update could kill the whole thing on the other machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Allright.

At least we have a good reason now to finally update to the creative cloud.

Have good day guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines