• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.dll missing after Lightroom 6 to 6.8 upgrade.... says reload

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I went to the help tab and upgraded.  It did the up grade and now when i try to open lightroom i get ---> The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling to fix this problem.

So... I did not sign out before doing the reinstall, SO! 1. Since lightroom can't start, I can't just upgrade, and will have to start all over from the disk and loose all preferences, etc?  2. That could be a problem trying to reinstall with Adobe thinking I am already signed in to two computers.

What should be my procedure be so that I don't screw something up trying to fix this.

Let me be frank......  Well Ok, I better not be that frank.

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

You should have no issue reinstalling on your existing computer.

Nevertheless, if you have to contact the Support in case of Activation issues, you have the chat:

go to Contact Customer Care (this is the UK one, but you should go to the one corresponding to your country)

click Lightroom

click Download, installing, setting up

click Licensing and activation

click Still need help? Contact us.

Click Chat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to this link and try to donwload it:

Error :api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work.  Went through it, started download, now 'windows update standalone installer' has been searching for updates....... for AN HOUR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using to update? the CC Desktop app  or did you click Update from the Lightroom Help menu?

Have you tried to obtain 6.8 from New Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC) Direct Download Links – Free Trials | ProDesignTools  and use that to update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say...

First:

As you said that you did not sign out, no problem there: if you are on Serial number and you run out of installations, just call Support to solve the issue; if you are in subscription, there's no real need to sign out.

Second:

You don't loose preferences when you reinstall from scratch, as they are stored in your user directory.

In case you have to wipe all of your disk (WHY?), just save the directory C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not cc.  And it says light room 6 serial number no longer has phone support.  I'd go to cc but I'm retired on social security and I can't justify that monthly/yearly fee when this is just a hobby.   I have have not had a change to go at another reload again.  I will try again later this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should have no issue reinstalling on your existing computer.

Nevertheless, if you have to contact the Support in case of Activation issues, you have the chat:

go to Contact Customer Care (this is the UK one, but you should go to the one corresponding to your country)

click Lightroom

click Download, installing, setting up

click Licensing and activation

click Still need help? Contact us.

Click Chat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines