Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I bought an 3D effect on ShutterStock but I don't know how it works

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I recently bought a 3D effect on ShutterStock (Abstract Cube Animations With Matte For Compositing Séquences vidéo libres de droit 1691725 - Shutte... ) but I just received a .mov video. How can I use the effect ?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking. It only ever says that you get a clip, not an editbale project and even if there were - the latter would likely require plug-ins or something liek that. Sorry, you are completely misunderstanding this stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mylenium,

Firstly, thanks for your reply !

So, a customer asked me to buy this video to texture it with its logo. But I'm getting a .mov file, so I don't know how to edit it to texture it the right way.

Is there a way to import the video to get back the 3D and texturing it ?

Thanks for your help, I'm really a big noob in AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, from the description of that project, you just get the video. You can make it fit with what you currently have, but there is no way to edit the video itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the description, you get an animation and a matte. You can use the matte as a track matte in After Effects or Premiere Pro to help composite the animation with what you already have in your project, does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam,

Thanks for your help !

The problem is that I'm a big nooby in AE. I was expecting that the download would give me a premade project with only a picture to change (A bit like a mockup in Photoshop). Do you have any helpful links ?

Thanks a lot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got to a network where I could view the Shutterstock page. Oh my.

I do not have any links that would help you with this particular project. To create what you are asking for would require you to hire somebody or wait until you've spent a few months becoming an advanced user of After Effects.

(Or you could purchase a template that is built correctly, but you'll have to search for that yourself. VideoHive is a good resource).

Whoever made that thing and put it up on Shutterstock for sale is not a helpful person. I can't think of any way in which what they've produced could be useful. Now, in their defense, they are quite clear that it is just a video clip, but it's a useless video clip!

The intent is for you to use the white and black video they provided as a track matte (or luma matte) for your footage. You would place those two layers (your footage and the track matte footage) over the full color video. So, your texture/logo/footage would be inside the cube and the moving pieces, but your asset wouldn't be moving. The white part is just acting like a window to your footage which isn't at all useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to apply textures to a cube (or other box) the "Create3DBox" script allows that (though it costs, but you decide on a value). You can also have multiple cubes in the composition (but each time you add a cube, if you want it to have a texture, you need to re-apply the texture to the sides - you can't just say to duplicate the first cube with all it's textures).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines