• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE (and PS) UI unclickable at times

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what has changed on my system, but in the last week I run into 3-10 second delays where the app is unclickable while the OS (win 10) is entirely responsive. When this happens the app can be minimized, maximized, and whenever it becomes responsive a couple of "click rings" (win 10 outlines) fill the area where clicks were attempted.

Oddly this happens in both AE, PS and not just in the viewport but layer areas, etc.

All other apps on this system (ie Cinema 4D, email, etc) do not experience this issue.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Wacom tablet or any other kind of input device besides a normal mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam​, I am using a Wacom tablet.

I realized yesterday that cursoring over the taskbar seemed to break the freeze and a couple Win10 tap "rings" appear where the click occurred. Commonly even after this the UI instantly is locked again, though cursoring to the taskbar has the same ring-taps again.

I'll try reinstalling Wacom tablet drivers now. I wonder if this is to do with Win 10 touch/ink as I'm not confident it was fully disabled.

Thanks for any input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been issues with Windows Ink lately AND Wacom's drivers. I'd look into both of those things. Sounds like we're on the right track!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, thanks for your input! Are there any reco's on how to disable win10 Ink features (beyond settings/pen & ink) since I'm on a non-touch desktop?

This isn't Adobe related, but opening any photo in preview enables the option to draw on top of the photo bc i'm using a pen...tho disables ability to cursor Left / Right through photos.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have any good suggestions myself although I do need to look into it too. I haven't had any issues in After Effects (I have a much older Wacom than you, I would guess), but I did run into some annoyances in Photoshop with Windows Ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines