Copied

Who can view a published epub?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that going to change anytime? Would be such a great tool for publishing content if you could either publish to your own site, or control visibility on adobe's server. What are the plans?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked about an EPUB. Is your question about that or Publish Online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PUBLISH ONLINE. I understand the published doc resides on the Adobe server. My question is about security of that document. Ideally I would embed the document on my website on a page only accessed by site members. But can the publication can be found on the Adobe server by anyone who might be browsing around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't just browse the Adobe server. You would have to have the long alphanumeric string which is the URL to a particular document. But nothing would prevent someone with access to that URL from giving it to someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

If the embed code is used on my site, does that code contain the adobe server URL, and is that something that could be found by a site visitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really a web person. Don't know what an embed code actually contains. Someone else hopefully will reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

funkychic529  wrote

… If the embed code is used on my site, does that code contain the adobe server URL, and is that something that could be found by a site visitor?

Hi,

it's up to you how you implement the link with your website.

I found one example where a simple a tag is used:

ScriptUI for dummies | Peter Kahrel

The link to the published online "ScriptUi for Dummies" brochure for ExtendScript scripters at the bottom of the page could be identified easily by a human reader if looking at the website in code view. When in Firefox simply press: cmd u

<a href="https://indd.adobe.com/view/a0207571-ff5b-4bbf-a540-07079bd21d75">click here</a>

This link is meant to be found.

How to prevent readability of the URL ?

A very weak "security" approach:

Use an URL shortener like TinyURL.

Or by using dynamic content where a script is loading content at runtime.

Don't ask for specific hints, that's not my realm of expertise.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines