• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spaces disappear when searching WebHelp

Participant ,
Aug 21, 2008 Aug 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HTML looks like this: (see attached code)

So in the WebHelp it looks like this:
In most systems, the <b>Information</b> page is the first ...

But if you do a search in the WebHelp (on the Search tab) and "Highlight search results" is selected (which it is by default), this is what users see:
In most systems, the <b>Information</b>page is the first ...

So it looks like we've missed spaces all over the place.

The only way I have found to avoid this is by manually adding a hard space in the HTML code. But we can't do that every time we format text!

With users searching more and more, I have to find a solution to this problem. Anyone?

Thanks
Eileen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 21, 2008 Aug 21, 2008
Great! Rather than everybody else going to search your site for the answer, here it is (quote):

Adobe quickly posted a change to one of the javascript files with instructions to modify the file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock\whtopic.js" manually, assuming installation at the default location. To save you the trouble of making the change, "click here" to download a zip file containing a replacement file.

And here's the URL to the new file:
http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh7/whtopic.zip...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Using RH7 on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Rather than everybody else going to search your site for the answer, here it is (quote):

Adobe quickly posted a change to one of the javascript files with instructions to modify the file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock\whtopic.js" manually, assuming installation at the default location. To save you the trouble of making the change, "click here" to download a zip file containing a replacement file.

And here's the URL to the new file:
http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh7/whtopic.zip

And here's a tip: This works great (thank you, Peter), but you DO have to recompile the WebHelp. You can't just replace the whtopic.js file in the output.

Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am sorry if it was difficult to find. The idea of not posting stuff here and pointing to my site is that sometimes things change. I can update that but I cannot realistically come back and find every thread and change them.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp