• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded and installed flash player but it's still not recognised on my PC was ok yesterday played the games I normally do but today not accepting and saying to download it.No setting have been changed.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the operating system and browser, including version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox even google chrome.       Free adobe flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please mention the operating system that you are working on. We would need the OS information to troubleshoot the issue.

As for Google chrome, Flash Player is a built-in component of Chrome (including Chrome on ChromeOS), and under normal circumstances, would stay synced with the browser. If you go to chrome://components, you might be able to force the update.  Just click on "Check for Update" and see if it updates.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what an operating system is

If it is my Windows 10.

I've uninstalled it then re installed it (Flash player and Google Chrome) about 15 times now and my PC doesn't recognise that it is downloaded or installed but in my settings it is.

I've all but given up ready to throw it against the wall.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jenniferg90356354

Windows 10 is the operating system.  If you're using Google Chrome, Flash Player PPAPI plugin for Chrome is normally downloaded automatically using Google's component updated, however, some users report issues with the component updater.  To bypass this, to the following:

1. Launch Chrome, and go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?fpchrome  to download the PPAPI plugin (note the optional third party offers on the page).
  2. After the file downloads, go to the your downloads folder and double-click on Flash Player installer file to launch the installer.
  3. Follow the on-screen prompts to install Flash Player
  4. After the installation completes ensure Flash Player is enabled in the browser, see Enable Flash Player for Chrome for assistance

Firefox doesn't use the same Flash Player plugin as Chrome.  If you also use Firefox, do the following:

1. Launch Firefox and go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the Flash Player NPAPI plugin used by Firefox (again, note the third party optional offers on the page).
  2. Follow the same process to install Flash Player NPAPI plugin for Firefox as you did to install Flash Player PPAPI plugin for Chrome.
  3. To verify Flash Player is enabled in Firefox see Enable Flash Player for Firefox

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria

Thanks will give it a go will let you know if I'm successful.

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas​

Hi  maria

I've tried all of your instructions Chrome had a box that said I can't use this version on my PC and Firefox just wouldn't entertain it. I'm now wondering if it i my PC is a little too old to accept these downloads (2009 Dell with Intel installed) Am now at a loss.

Thanks Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest versions of Flash Player are supported on Windows 10, on Chrome and Firefox.

When you say "Chrome had a box that said I can't se his version on my PC"  Is that in reference to the Flash Player version, or the Chrome version?

What  do you mean "Firefox just wouldn't entertain it"?  What happens exactly?

I'd like to get additional system information from you.  Please do the following:

OS information:

• In Windows 10 search field enter Settings
  • Select ​Settings​ from the search results
  • When the Settings app displays, click on ​System​ to view system information
  • In the menu that appears in the left pane, scroll down to About and click on it
  • Provide the following information:  Edition, Version, OS Build, System Type.  For example:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home
    • Version: 1607
    • OS Build: 14393.693
    • System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • Close the Settings window

Since your system is from 2009, it's probably a 32-bit operating system, instead of 64-bit

Chrome and Flash Player PPAPI version information

• Launch Chrome and navigate to chrome://version
  • copy and past the Google Chrome and Flash entries. For example:
    Google Chrome56.0.2924.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Flash24.0.0.194 /Users/UserID/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/PepperFlash/24.0.0.194/PepperFlashPlayer.plugin

Firefox and Flash Player NPAPI version information

• Launch Firefox, on the menu buttonNew Fx Menu, click helpHelp-29and select About Firefox
  • Copy and paste the Firefox version.  For example: 51.0.1 (32-bit)
  • Close the About Mozilla Firefox window
  • In Firefox, navigate to about:plugins
  • Locate the Shockwave Flash entry.  copy and paste the plugin details.  For example:

File: Flash Player.plugin

Path: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin

Version: 24.0.0.194

State: Enabled

Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The settings are exactly as your example is

oogle Chrome56.0.2924.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision0e9a9a6f3676ae439b78cd9b3f62b4193c3ac7d5-refs/branch-heads/2924@{#895}
OSWindows
JavaScriptV8 5.6.326.50
Flash24.0.0.194 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer64_24_0_0_194.dll

Firefox

51.0.1 (32-bit) Firefox is up to date

Shockwave Flash  24.0.0.194 (disabled)

Shockwave flash  24.0 r0

Last updated       Wednesday   8.2.2017

File                       NPSWF32-24-0-0-194.dll

MIME types          Aplication/x-shockwave-flash (Adobie Flash movie: swf),

Aplication/futureslpash (futureSplash movie: spl)

Enable Adobe Flash  protected mode  (has a box with a tick)

Hope this is what you need. the plugin wouldn't let me copy and paste all of the above.

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas​ Was this the info you needed?

The settings are exactly as your example is

oogle Chrome56.0.2924.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision0e9a9a6f3676ae439b78cd9b3f62b4193c3ac7d5-refs/branch-heads/2924@{#895}
OSWindows
JavaScriptV8 5.6.326.50
Flash24.0.0.194 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer64_24_0_0_194.dll

Firefox

51.0.1 (32-bit) Firefox is up to date

Shockwave Flash  24.0.0.194 (disabled)

Shockwave flash  24.0 r0

Last updated       Wednesday   8.2.2017

File                       NPSWF32-24-0-0-194.dll

MIME types          Aplication/x-shockwave-flash (Adobie Flash movie: swf),

Aplication/futureslpash (futureSplash movie: spl)

Enable Adobe Flash  protected mode  (has a box with a tick)

Hope this is what you need. the plugin wouldn't let me copy and paste all of the above.

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply to your post yesterday.  You have the latest version of Chrome and Flash Player PPAPI plugin for Chrome.  Have you checked that Flash Player is

When you say "Chrome had a box that said I can't se his version on my PC"  Is that in reference to the Flash Player version, or the Chrome version?

What  do you mean "Firefox just wouldn't entertain it"?  What happens exactly?

Please post a screenshot of the exact behaviour observed when attempting to view Flash content on both Chrome and Firefox.  To post a screenshot see How do I attach a screenshot?

For Firefox, I see you are running the 32-bit version of Firefox and you have a 64-bit operating system.  Sometimes the 32-bit Firefox version doesn't play nicely on 64-bit operating systems.  You can try installing the 64-bit Firefox version and see if that works.  To download the 64-bit version, go to https://get.firefox.com and click on the 'Download Firefox for another platform' link.  This will display a new window.  Click on the 'Windows 64-bit' link to download the 64-bit version:

Alternatively go to Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Download Firefox in your language — Mozilla  and select the 64-bit English (US) version to download.

What are the links to the game sites that are not recognizing Flash Player?  Are these game sites the only sites that are not recognizing Flash?  Can you view Flash on other sites?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is what I get when I try to play this and a few others only on Facebook even though it has been downloaded.

I did reload Firefox (64bitUS) but still nothing. The box in Chrome that said It couldn't be used on this PC hasn't come up again.

When flashplayer is installed there is another that comes up after with another product that i don't want so I just close the box does that have something to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What happens when you go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the 'Check Now' button?  Do the results indicate Flash Player is installed and enabled?

When downloading the installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer you have the option to decline the optional offers, so that you only get Flash Player and nothing else.  If you close the installation window after Flash Player installs, but before the option third party software installs, Flash Player should be installed.  The widget in the helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html page will be able to determine this.

Are you able to view Flash content on other sites?  Is this the only site that behaves this way?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas​

It says it's either not installed or not enabled.

I have declined the 3rd party options but the last page that comes up after installing is something about pictures and if I want after the free period I can pay a subscription I just close it when that comes up. When I go into my settings it is installed.

It happens when I'm looking at msn news features as well.

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas​

I've managed to get it installed but this is what I get on some games. Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jenniferg90356354

I'm assuming you're seeing this on the 64-bit version of Firefox, yes?  If so, please try running the 32-bit version of Firefox?  If you uninstalled it, go ahead and re-install it, no need to uninstall the 64-bit version, as both 32- and 64-bit versions of Firefox can be installed simultaneously.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines