• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

100k AI graphic doesn't match 100k Indesign document

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am placing a logo designed in Ai CC 2017 into a Indesign CC 2017 document. Both documents have 100 black used in them. I have doubled checked and neither one uses a ritch black, they each only have 100 K. However they do not match. Does any one know why this might be? If it helps I am using a Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you checking this? What graphic format is the logo saved in?

Since you’re using a Mac, I’ll warn you against doing anything important with Preview and to only depend on Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The logo was made in AI. and I was previewing it in Acrobat pro.

I was able to fix it by modifying setting on my digital press.

However I am having the same problem with another file were I had to add a bleed to a business card. The original card was given to me as a pdf. When I placed it in Indesign to add the bleed I made sure to sample the black from the card. When printed the bleed black is darker then the black in the card. I previewed the file in Acrobat pro and the looked at the color breakdown in Output Preview and both blacks have the exact same cmyk breakdown. Both are c0 m0 y0 k100. Any idea why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever set up synchronized color management in your 4 print apps? (PS, ID, AI, and Acrobat)

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever set up synchronized color management in your 4 print apps? (PS, ID, AI, and Acrobat)

Synchronizing would affect future documents but not existing ones, and there would still be the possibility of differences in the black preferences affecting previews in the two apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview of 0|0|0100 black is handled by the document's assigned CMYK profile, make sure both the logo and the InDesign file have the same CMYK profiles assigned Edit>Assign Profiles...

Also both applications have an Appearance of Black preference, make sure they match. Display All Blacks Accurately allows the assigned CMYK profile to adjust the display of black so that it more accurately reflects what will happen on a press printing to the assigned profile. Offset inks are transparent so black only will almost always have a somewhat lighter value or appearance than black plus a combination of CMY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made sure to sync color settings using bridge across the various Adobe aps. I've noticed this same problem with other colors besides just black. I have a flier that uses a background made in Photoshop CC with type set in INdesign CC. I have color used in the background that I need to match in the Indesign document. I checked and they have the same CMYK breakdown and the same blend mode but the colors are drastically different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made sure to sync color settings using bridge across the various Adobe aps

Again, sync'ing doesn't affect existing documents. For existing documents you have to check that both the InDesign and Illustrator document's assigned profiles are the same via Edit>Assign Profiles...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the colors are drastically different.

Can you post a screen capture showing the difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 2.37.35 PM.pngThe top green was created in Indesign. The bottom green is on the template made in Photoshop.  Both have the same CMYK break down. Both are set to Multiple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you show us a screen capture the Photoshop file's Link Info from the Links panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines