• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Book & Pages icons

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2008 Aug 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp7 and have imported a project from an earlier version. I'd like to change the icon in the TOC from the question mark to a "page" icon for a number of documents. How would I do that? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wogotto and welcome to the RH community.
Can you just confirm what type of output you are generating (e.g. CHM, webhelp)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks. It is WebHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that this this is handled via the skin. Open the skin in the Skin Editor, click on the Navigation tab and you can specify the required images in the Images section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, wogotto

What Colum advised is exactly correct if you are using a skin. However, if you aren't using a skin you need to replace some images.

Section 508 doesn't use a skin as well as being able to choose "Traditional Style" as the WebHelp look.

For these layouts, look for and replace the following images:
Closed Book: whd_toc1.gif
Open Book: whd_toc2.gif
Page: whd_toc3.gif

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank to you both. I am pretty new to this, but I am using a Skin (the default skin). When I try to change the image in skins, the only options I get are different colored question marks. I want to replace the question mark with an image of a page.
On a related matter, I'd like to have a few single documents display as the book image, (what I would consider to be a chapter) but it wont seem to allow that. I cant seem to display a book, unless it has pages below it. Any suggesitons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2010 Sep 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post. I had the same problem and the suggested fixes worked perfectly.

However, after editing the skin to get the book icon to appear, the book icons aren't dynamic. That is, the book icon will remain open or closed regardless of whether it's been clicked on. Is there a way to get the book icon to switch from open to closed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you selected different images for the open and closed states?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when I edit the skin via the Project Setup pod, the "Closed Book" and "Open Book" fields have the correct images. But the "Topic/Page" field, which seemed to at least fix the TOC so that the question mark icon didn't appear anymore, only seems to allow one image file, i.e. the question mark or open or closed book. Here's a screen shot of the settings I'm talking about:

TOC_images.png

Can I set the displayed icons somewhere else? Or is there another, deeper reason why those question marks rather than an open or closed book image showed up in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

When editing a skin you really only have a choice between four images.

• One to represent a closed book or a collapsed area
  • One to represent an open book or an expanded area
  • One to represent a page
  • One to represent a link to an external web site

It's unclear as to why you are expecting to see more than a single icon for a page. If you don't wish to see the question mark icon, you need to browse to another image to select it. RoboHelp does offer a number of alternate images to choose from. You will find them in the Gallery folder where RoboHelp has been installed.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp