Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distribute Adobe Flash Player vs standalone Flash player

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not to sure what is the advantage of distribute adobe flash player and how it works? Can someone please shed some light on to how it benefits from a standalone version in a enterprise environment and how to deploy it?

Any thought and advise would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In short, Adobe requires a distribution license for distributing Flash Player within the organization.  Some installers (for example the MSI installer and other installers used in enterprise software distribution tools) are only available to licensed customers. I believe most of your questions will be answered on the Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe and What is Adobe Flash Player | FAQ | Adobe Flash Player  (the Licensing link isn't working, so you'll need to scroll down to the Licensing section).  If you have questions that are not answered here, please feel free to ask in this post and we'll do our best to answer.   Another thing to consider is that people have been known to take the official Flash Player installers and modified them to include malware and host them on non-Adobe sites (some sites have been branded to look very, very similar to Adobe's branding).  We are aware of some enterprise users download these malicious installers that then result in their network being infected.  These people then come to Adobe blaming Adobe for distributing malicious software.  After some investigation we discover that they downloaded the installers from a non-Adobe site.  Essentially, by licensing Flash Player (or any other Adobe product) you gain access to the official Adobe distribution site and are ensured that whatever you are downloading is not a malicious installer that will infect your network with anything.

Hope this helps.  Feel free to post any questions you may have.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation maria, but flash player is a free right? I mean you can also download standalone version individually. So can it be said that the main purpose of distribution license for flash player is to avoid malicious downloads and to increase efficiency through centralized distribution of software and updates within a closed enterprise network.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Flash Player distribution is free, for the majority of use cases.  And yes, to your other comment.  It also allows you to receive communication that you would otherwise not receive, as we occasionally communicate to distribution license-holders via the distribution page.

Based on your questions, I'm assuming you're interested in distributing Flash Player within your organization, as an IT person, what is the hesitation to licensing software for distribution within your organization?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i would like to deploy flash player distribution within my organisation, I sent a request for the licenses haven't heard anything back.  Also would be great if i can get few licenses for testing too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please private message me the email address you used to request the distribution license and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.  Note that public domain email addresses (e.g. hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc) are not allowed.

What kind of testing are you referring to?  Once you have access to the distribution page, you can download whatever you'd like.  If you have multiple people that require access to the distribution page, then those individuals will need to request a license.  Currently, the system only supports one license per email address/Adobe ID.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh that is probably why I didn't receive any replies, it should have came from my private email [moderator: deleted personal information] so probably I will have to apply through my work email again. By testing I meant I wanted to try it out on the virtual environment like WM with client/Server setup so I can understand its functionality. So when you say it only support one license per email address, does that mean if I have 20 users in my organisation they will all have to request individually for the license with their individual email addresses or can I request for required number of licenses through one non-private email address.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry, I mean that if you will have more than one person that will need to access the distribution page (to download the installers to then distribute within the org), then those individuals will need to request a license using their email address/AdobeID.  If you'll be the only one to access the page, then only you will need to request the license.

The form has the question "How may copies will you be distributing within the next 12 months".  In this field you would put 20, since you have 20 users that will have Flash Player installed on their systems.

Usually requests are processed fairly quickly, but can take 2-3 business days.  If you don't receive a reply after 3 business days, private message me the email address you used to apply for the distribution license and I'll follow-up with the licensing team. To send a private message click on my user name link and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, include a link to this topic when you send the private message.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Maria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines