• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't transfer a picture to Photoshop from lightroom because PS won't open

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit a Light room picture in Photoshop but ps won't open -  I am using creative cloud.  Also it takes several minutes to open a picture in lightroom.   Creative Cloud is MUCH slower than the non cloud version.  I think more effort needs to be spent improving the basics -like making it work better and faster - than adding whistle and bells for marketing purposes.  The user needs to be able to work the basic program before he/she can use the extras.   Besides it is such a waste of my time when something doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Usually the culprit for slow performance is not having enough RAM memory, you really need 16 GB for best results, 8 GB is the minimum.

Another common problem is having little space left on the main hard drive that hosts your applications folder. Ideally you should have at least 25% free hard drive space. More is better.

A third possibility is storing and running your catalog file (.lrcat) on an external drive, if this your case, then use the fastest drive and fastest connection type possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually the culprit for slow performance is not having enough RAM memory, you really need 16 GB for best results, 8 GB is the minimum.

Another common problem is having little space left on the main hard drive that hosts your applications folder. Ideally you should have at least 25% free hard drive space. More is better.

A third possibility is storing and running your catalog file (.lrcat) on an external drive, if this your case, then use the fastest drive and fastest connection type possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should also add that most of us don't have issues with Lightroom's speed.  I teach in a network environment that has Lightroom running on more than 150 different computers. If your computer has the proper resources Lightroom should run quite fast. In my experience the CC version has improved on the efficiency of Lightroom 6 standalone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines