Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big eye movement performance problems

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem regarding eye movement control (Independent Mouse Control). As long as my character stays motionless (or slight movements) there is no problem, but as soon as the movement of my character becomes more dynamic it is impossible to control the eyes. Sadly they adapt to the movement in a wrong way.

To be more specific. For example: I want my character to look at a object (a TV) the whole time. First I record the camera movement without the eyes. Afterwards I record the eyes with the mouse. But if the movements of the character are to dynamic the eyes adapt to them and I am not able to focus the object.

Is there a way to focus an object with the eyes regardless of the movement of the character?

The eyes should move independently from the body movement and should not lose their position because of the current character position.

I show you an example. In the video you can see that I am not able to focus the tv properly.

Szene – Tvshow hintergrund.mp4 - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Looks like an independence issue, where the head is moving differently than the rest of the face. I would either make the eyes/nose/mouth not independent, or all independent and staple them to the face.

I think there are a few videos that should be able to help you here: FAQ: What are some video examples of common issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I'd recommend: after recording your head movements, toggle the Face visibility off (eyeball icon) in the timeline when recording mouse/touch-controlled eye gaze. Then the head will stay still and you can hold any eye position you want. Turn face back on to see the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thx for the fast answer. If I turn the face visibility off. I am not able to control the eyes at all =(.

I did the following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh - it might be that you're on the old version. In Beta CC - released last fall - Eye Gaze is separated from Face. You should update and this should work. Adobe Character Animator | Download character animation software free trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

first of all. Oh my god. The newest update is so ridiculously fast...it is unbelievable 😃

Thats how I like to work

But same problem. I cant select the eyes independently. And I get some weird distortions (0:30s into the video) on the eye and nose movement. They seem like they are not attached to the face if my character moves?

But I love it....it is soooo fast right now

Especially pay attention to the seconds after the first minute of the video =(

Recording #1.mp4 - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok I see in your videos. You are talkin about the eye gaze feature. Im checking it out. However I coud need help on the distortions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an independence issue, where the head is moving differently than the rest of the face. I would either make the eyes/nose/mouth not independent, or all independent and staple them to the face.

I think there are a few videos that should be able to help you here: FAQ: What are some video examples of common issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Everything works now 😃

Here is how the project looks. Everthing used are Adobe Products.

Lohnt sich die Nintendo Switch? | Isy & Peasy Show - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked. Looks like the video was taken down though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines