• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still having issues with greyed out filters in photoshop cc

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I am going round in circles trying to find answers. I am working on a pc with Photoshop creative cloud. I have changed my image to 8 bit, etc and still no joy with using some of the filters eg render light effects and oil painting. I have also upgraded the graphics drivers. My file size is not huge. I am working with images off the Canon 7D Mk II. Would someone please suggest how I can solve this problem.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

For what it's worth:

In RGB Color Mode, Oil Paint (Filter > Stylize > Oil Paint...) should be available in 8 Bits/Channel, 16 Bits/Channel and 32 Bits/Channel.  Lighting Effects (Filter > Render > Lighting Effects...) on the other hand is only available in 8 Bits/Channel. 

As mentioned earlier in this thread, neither are available if in CMYK Color Mode.

Another thing to double-check is that only one layer is selected in the Layers panel.  With multiple layers selected, only "Convert for Smart Filt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact system info nobody can tell you much. it simply seems you have graphics hardware that isn't supported.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the system information. I hope I've got all you need to provide me with a solution.

Windows 10

Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-4700MQ CPU 2.40GHz

RAM 32.0 GB

64 bit operating system

CL Device version 1.2 CUDA

CL Platform version 1.2

CL Name Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Graphics card is a NVIDiA corporation GeForce GTX 770M

I have been through the settings for the graphics card and it shows that it is configured

for Open CL v1.1 or better and my version is 1.2.

Is there any other information you require to help me find an answer to this issue?

Thanks

Val

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that's occurred when an image thinks it's using the CMYK color space. If you change the image to RGB, you should see all your filters available. See this (quickly made) video, and I hope it helps.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you S_Gans

Have changed to RGB but it does not solve the issue.

Many thanks

Rob for Val

STILL HAVING ISSUES WITH GREYED OUT FILTERS IN PHOTOSHOP CC

created by S_Gans in Photoshop General Discussion - View the

full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have another thought, that may help us to determine if the problem IS with the Graphics processor...

Perhaps if we turn off the use of the GPU (hence, using CPU power for processing, we can see if the initial idea of the GPU and your drivers or device are the problem. May I suggest that you go to Preferences> Performance, and turn OFF the "Use Graphics Processor" checkbox? Then try the image again? If it works with that turned off - then perhaps turning it back on and fiddling with the "Advanced Settings" options would help.

Yours may look a little different from mine, but only because I'm on a Mac. The settings should still be similar.

If the problem is STILL a problem with those items turned off - we know it's a problem with the app, and not likely the GPU.

And, then my next suggestion would be to reset the preferences (shut down Photoshop, and then hold and KEEP holding Control+Alt+Shift while Photoshop starts up, until you see it ask if you want to reset preferences).

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 3.10.22 PM.jpeg

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For what it's worth:

In RGB Color Mode, Oil Paint (Filter > Stylize > Oil Paint...) should be available in 8 Bits/Channel, 16 Bits/Channel and 32 Bits/Channel.  Lighting Effects (Filter > Render > Lighting Effects...) on the other hand is only available in 8 Bits/Channel. 

As mentioned earlier in this thread, neither are available if in CMYK Color Mode.

Another thing to double-check is that only one layer is selected in the Layers panel.  With multiple layers selected, only "Convert for Smart Filter" will be available.  If no layers are selected, all of the choices under the Filter drop down menu will be dimmed.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines