Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import a Drop Title

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to Premiere Elements 15. I want to create my  own drop title in a graphics editor and import it into Adobe Premiere Elements 15 as a Drop title. Is this possible and what type of file can you import ? I tried to add an image to  an existing drop title, but I am not able to select the image to move it to the desired location on the canvas. It  seems to be fixed to an area on the canvas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file formats is it available for you to output from your title maker?

Does your title maker output photo file or video file formats that support alpha?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for what may be obvious, but what is a "Drop Title"?

Thanks.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add overlays that are called titles. I used the action in my description of the problem. It's not 'Drop" title, it's create a new title from a custom image (.PNG or JPG).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GroverMan  wrote

You can add overlays that are called titles. I used the action in my description of the problem. It's not 'Drop" title, it's create a new title from a custom image (.PNG or JPG).

Thanks.  As Steve said, you can put image files into Premier Elements.  You can use almost any common file format and use the Add Image routine just like video clips or music files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is the first time, I am using such a forum. I appreciate your help Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just going to use a standard graphics editor to create an image, the out put file type can be JPG or PNG.

I am new to Premiere Elements 15, so not certain where to start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certainly import both a JPG or a transparent PNG into Premiere Elements.

PNGs files, as you know, can include alpha or transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the steps would be to

• open an existing drop title
  • remove the contents - images and text
  • import new PNG file

Or is there a feature that allows you to create a blank drop title and then import the PNG over it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easier than that. Just import the PNG file as if it were a still photo and add it to your timeline.

If the PNG has transparency, you can add your video to Video 1 and your PNG to Video 2, directly above the video, and your video will show behind your PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti  wrote

It's easier than that. Just import the PNG file as if it were a still photo and add it to your timeline.

I thought I've watched and read your stuff!!  How do you more easily import a PNG than using Add Media?  What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion, Bill. Cross-conversation. You are exactly right: You use Add Media to import the PNG file into your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti  wrote

Sorry for the confusion, Bill. Cross-conversation. You are exactly right: You use Add Media to import the PNG file into your project.

Thanks for the answer.  I thought maybe you had a workflow secret that you masters were keeping from us in the rank and file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines