• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2015 CC Preview is so slow

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do a video of motion typography to a motivation speech, the whole sound file is about 4 minutes long but it's gonna take me for ever because everytime I add the text the video preview takes ages, literally everything goes in super slow motion 3-4 frames a second. Once it's preview to the bit I want I can play it back in real time but the moment I change a single frame of animation it goes back to super slow motion.

I'm gonna be here all year at this rate, what happened to the Ram Preview button?

It also seems to create huge files in my temp folder that I have to use a cleaner to get rid off.

Is there anyway I can improve perfomance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exact, version of CC 2015 are you using? Some of them (particularly 13.5.0) were rather buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says version 13.8.1.38.

At uni I used an older version on AE and no experienced this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview options in the newer version of AE aren't all that different from the RAM preview of older versions. You just have more control now over how the preview behaves. Look at the preview panel and how you can set it up to behave differently based on pressing spacebar vs. 0 vs....

I suspect the difference may not be in the version of AE, but the hardware with which you were using it then compared to now.

Can you share a screen capture of how it's behaving so we can see if it's being unusual?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I can give you a screen shot, not sure how much you will be able to see from it though.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant a video rather than a still. If you don't already have software for it, I think ShareX is freely available.

From your screenshot, I see that you are hobbling yourself a bit. Set your resolution to be auto.

This button:

autores.png

Since you're working at 25% zoom, you can work at quarter resolution without losing quality. Setting your resolution to Auto will do that automatically. Then, when you need to zoom in for something up close, the resolution will adjust to match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To easily work at the most efficient resolution set the Comp Panel resolution to AUTO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could also be due to your unfamiliarity with the previewing process in AE.

You can't expect it to perform like a video editing application because it isn't one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines