• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fuji XT-2 Files

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, It has become apparent that lightroom cc does not handle Fuji raw images vary well. With that said it is also apparent that no madder what raw converter you choose they all have their issues with the fuji raws. My question is when can we expect or what is being done at the moment with light room to improve these issue? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. We don't have any information about Adobe's plans. And those at Adobe who know anything are restricted by a nondisclosure agreement not to reveal  any information. So you can speculate, ask us to speculate, or What ever else you can think of. But in the end you'll just have to wait and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, any speculation would appreciated. Also I feel that this issue should be constantly made aware of and not let go because the fuji is an amazing upcoming system for years to come and it would be a shame not being able to process our images that the camera can produce just due to poor development of decoding the x trans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that Fuji can't seem to find a way to provide Adobe with the needed proprietary file information?

The blame can go either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be and a good hypothesis but dont know if I could see that since fuji is very proactive in listening to the consumers and always trying to improve the community.

Could it also be adobe is just lacking interest and development with fuji since majority of the market is still Canon, Nikon and Sony?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom 6.7 or later? I used the search feature at the top of this  forum page and searched for topics on "Fuji XT-2". Many of the discussions are several months old. But it seems that beginning with Lightroom 6.7 your camera was fully supported. You might want to check to make sure what version you have installed. You might also want to search the forum and read some of those other discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most recent and so are the guys in the youtube vids that ill add. Yes the one is a little extreme on shadow recovery but the other showing the sharpening is a large concern of mine. I have not received my new fuji yet so I can not tell you how many of the problems I am having but it seems to be a common trend among the other fuji guys.

Fujifilm RAW Files: On1 Photo RAW vs Lightroom - YouTube

FUJI RAF RAW Files - Lightroom vs Iridient Developer vs SilkyPix - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I just want to add when I get my camera I want to hit the ground running and not wasting time  and money trying to figure what one works best. Well none of them do right now. But my main concern is adobe gonna support fuji or should I start looking at other programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a lot of people indicate that they have the most recent version when in fact they don't. What is the exact version of Lightroom that you have installed? If you are running standalone then it should be Lightroom 6.8. If you are running the creative card version that it should be Lightroom CC 2015.8. What version do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the CC 2015.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom CC 2015.8 on a Windows 10 computer. I just downloaded a sample RAF file from the Fuji XT-2 and played with it in Lightroom for a bit. I don't know what you are looking for. But from everything  I saw things looked normal. I couldn't see any difference in how Lightroom handled that file compared to the NEF files from my Nikon cameras. Since I don't have a lot of experience with the Fuji I can't comment further. But everything seemed normal to me. It seems to me that Adobe has provided a good choice of picture profiles for the model. There are more choices for your camera then there are for my Nikon D7100.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya I just downloaded some sample fuji RAF files and am getting results similar to the vid I posted on sharpness. When looking at edges they are soft and lack detail. Then when I try to sharpen beyond the preset I start to get the orange peel look. But hard to tell just based off of this since I do not know what lens or focus was used. So I will just have to wait. Anyone with fuji experience want to chime in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines