• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions will not connect to my e-reader

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Digital Editions to recognize the Sony e-reader when connected. Because of that, I cannot transfer books from my PC to the reader, which is the prime reason for using the software in the first place. I have tried connecting first, then initiating ADE, or the other way around. Neither seem to work. I know MY PC sees the reader, as the drives show up on File Explorer.

I previously used Reader for PC, but it no longer works, so I uninstalled it, and went to ADE.

My wife will kill me if I can't get some new books on her reader! HELP!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check the Problem of Sony (Sony for PC/Mac) work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same question. Spent several hours with KOBO technicians yesterday on the chat line. When they couldn't figure out the problem they said Sony did something to change how the apps respond in September; however, the Sony library has been closed since 2014 and they handed the library off to KOBO which had been working well until I purchased a book yesterday and not only could I not download my new book to my Sony eReader but all of the books on my Reader vanished off the Reader. They recommended uninstalling ADE 3.0 and reinstalling but it was the same. They concluded that ADE 3.0 was not "reading" my reader to allow me to side load any books to my Reader. I have read a few other concerns on this site and it seems that some people with KOBO readers could be having the same problem. Can anyone tell me if this is a problem at KOBO's end or with ADE 3.0? Has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that I still had Reader for PC on my laptop. I connected the reader to it, and it worked perfectly. I do not know why it will not work with my desktop computer, but at least my wife now has the desired books on her reader 🙂 Maybe I don't need ADE at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Sony Reader you need only the Sony Program. Digital Edition not work perfektly with the Sony Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines