• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing job has a message "source file missing"

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There are 2 photos in this print job which are missing their source files. They will not be printed."

i think my back up drive has the file. i imported the photo from my back up drive to library and  then worked on the photo in develop module and created saved print before print.

then i get this message for this photo and some other photos.

i clicked continue several times 

are the print jobs saved somewhere and will start printing if i fix this problem? if so, what do i need to do?

how do i get rid of this message and print?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017
i think my back up drive has the file. i imported the photo from my back up drive to library and  then worked on the photo in develop module and created saved print before print.

You think it has the file? That's not really inspiring confidence. You need to VERIFY that you know the exact location of the file, and then make sure that Lightroom knows the location (you can do this by following these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders )

The whole idea of using back

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom needs to access the original image file you imported.

If that is on a 'Backup' drive, then that drive needs to be connected and available to Lightroom. Plug it in.

"Create a Saved Print" only saves the layout of the print design and a reference to the original image location. No image files actually exist in Lightroom.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You think it has the file? That's not really inspiring confidence. You need to VERIFY that you know the exact location of the file, and then make sure that Lightroom knows the location (you can do this by following these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders )

The whole idea of using backups for actual work is not what I would recommend. And where is the original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to the Library and use the menu command    " Library/Find All Missing Files"    and then find them with your OS and then relink them in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines