• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pub TOC ids

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported an inDesign book to epub and have spent many hours editing the sections. I included a table of contents. In the course of my editing I noticed some strange gibberish at the beginning of each section and I removed it in some of them to clean up the book. The ones I have not touched look like this:

<div id="u2gCoP3N6LYM3wJN9t8Xf2H" class="Basic-Text-Frame">

<p id="uZ9Fvl7wOI84zQevWj5EAIA" class="caption18B"><a id="uvb4uNuFnWB2aPjagqxnhq8"></a>Title of Section</p>

Unfortunately, I learned too late that the p id "uZ9Fvl7wOI84zQevWj5EAIA" relates back to the toc.xhtml and toc.ncx files so I rebuilt the reference for the ones I deleted. I can find no reference to the div id= and a id= numbers anywhere in the book. Will someone explain what the gibberish after div id= and a id=  refer to and is it OK to delete at least those? BTW the TOC works in the epub when I open it in iBooks even with out the div id= and a id=s.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you editing the sections? Why aren't you leaving the ePub as generated from InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The book can best be described as a textbook with numerous tables and graphics. The result after exporting from inDesign was, in a word, unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By unacceptable, what do you mean? Did the tables and graphics not come out well.

I just did a similar type book with tables. One of the things I found was I had to apply table and cell styles to every element in the table. Also, I had to select graphics and apply Object Export Options to Rasterize container and set the size to Relative to Text Flow or Text Size.

It turned out perfectly. I'd love to see screen shots of what your problems are.

But if you want to edit the code for the book, you're certainly welcome to. I feel it's not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines