Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems launching Photoshop CS6, was probably updated to Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using a MacBook Pro on which I had a Photoshop CS6 installed, from a boxed product I had bought before you guys launch Adobe Cloud a few years ago. It was working fine until recently, but I had to subscribe to Adobe Photoshop CC for another Computer (a Windows 10 laptop) I was using for work last year. I had Adobe CC setup on my Mac also for another app I had installed for a trial. I cancelled my Adobe CC subscriptions earlier this year because I didn't need it anymore.

I am currently traveling with my MacBook Pro overseas, and I recently found out that I am not able to launch Photoshop CS6 on my computer.

I tried to launch it either from the Start Menu bar shortcut or from the Applications Adophe Photoshop CS6 folder, with the same result:

A "Adobe Photoshop CC" window pop ups with a "Wait for a moment" message and then it hangs forever, and Photoshop CS6 doesn't launch.

I guess Adobe Cloud has updated Photoshop CS6 to Photoshop CC on my laptop at some point, and since I have cancelled my subscription it is now failing to find my licence, or loading.

What can I do to revert to the software I initially paid for? Again, I am traveling overseas, so I don't have access to my old archived emails and backups.

Thanks for any help,

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Patrick, try Solution 2 on the link mentioned below and let us know about the outcome.

"Renew your subscription" message when you launch an Adobe Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pcharp,

I believe you are getting the spinning wheel on the Adobe CC app.

Please refer to the help document below:

App doesn't open | Progress wheel spins continually

You may also refer to the threads below where this issue has been addressed:

Adobe Creative Cloud / Desktop App / Home Screen: Constant Spinning Wheel

Creative Cloud Desktop App stuck on blue spinning wheel after update.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sahil:)

This is partially resolving my issue. I don't get the spinning wheel anymore, but Photoshop CS6 still won't launch. Apparently my computer is trying to launch Photoshop CC instead of Photoshop CS6 when I try to launch Photoshop CS6. I am getting an error message as shown below.

Interactive_thumb_GM2G3crop2.jpg

I only want to use Photoshop CS6 for which I had paid a licence for. I do not need Adobe Photoshop CC or any app for the Creative Cloud Suite at the moment, and probably for quite a while, given the penalty I had to pay for canceling my subscription. Creative Cloud is getting in the way. Bottomline is I am stuck, not being able to use software I paid for. I don't know if I should create a separate question on the forum, or if anyone can help me?

Thanks,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrick, try Solution 2 on the link mentioned below and let us know about the outcome.

"Renew your subscription" message when you launch an Adobe Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick. Thank you so much, Sahil, you're awesome!

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you got it working Patrick! Feel free to reach out to us for any future queries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines