Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Packaging and Install zxp For Illustrator cc 2015.3 and CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

I am trying to package and install zxp in Illustrator cc 2015.3 .

I just try a simple extension which is come with create  new extension project in Eclipse.

It works fine on Illustrator CC Version.Please see the Image Given below.

But Changed the Target Illustrator Application to CC 2015.3 to Run in CC 2015.3 in Preference menu.

Then i try to Debug As>Adobe illustrator Extension in eclipse.

The Illustrator CC 2015.3 is opened.

But my extension in not shown in Window>Extentension Menu.

I have try with copying  My Sample extension folder to the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions.

But the Extension is not shown.please see the Image given below

But FontShop2 Extension is shown in Window>Extentension Menu of Illustrator CC 2015.3.

I read the below thread and found CC Extension Manager Will not support install extension for CC 2017

Adobe Extension manager not working on CC2017

So I am trying to install My Extension Using  Anastasly's Extension Manager.

My extension is Not Installed in CC 2015.3 .The Target illustrator for my extension is  is 2015.3.But The extension is installed only in CC .This is the Problem. I think I have a mistake in Packaging extension.But I cant Find and solve the problem.

please note that the settings I have Used in  eclipse  for the CC 2015.3 extension,

Target Illustrator Application is CC 2015.3 .

Service Manager Root directory is shown as;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4

I  installed  eclipse and Extension builder 3 by the steps given the Following link: Extension Builder 3 | create HTML extensions for CC applications - Adobe Labs .

Please give your suggestion to solve this problem.

Thank You Friend,

Nathan

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Follow Step 3 to edit the manifest.xml in your extension builder project:

Adobe Extension Builder and Creative Cloud 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Location of the extension folder depends on the Illustrator version:

Illustrator CC (17.0)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4\

Illustrator CC 2014 (18.0)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\

Illustrator CC 2015 (or later)

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015\CEP\

Extension Manager only supports up to CC 2014:

Adobe Exchange

You could try the command line tools, but I don't think these work very well with the latest versions of Illustrator:

Adobe Exchange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your immediate reply.

At the time of Debugging ( Debug As>Adobe illustrator Extension in eclipse).Extension is shown in Window>Extentension Menu of Illustrator CC version.

But In CC 2015.3 the the extension is not shown in At the time of Debugging.

Changed the Target Illustrator Application to CC 2015.3.

Then i have a doubt,Is the below Setting is correct For Illustrator CC 2015.3 or Not

Please note that There is no ServiceManager.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP path

CEP directory containsonly extensions Directory.Please see the below Image

But For Illustrator CC Version the  CEPServiceManager4 Directory(C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4) contains CEPServiceManager.exe

So I Set Service Manager root Directory as C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4

in Preference for Illustrator CC Version.

There is no ServiceManager.exe for CC 2015.3.How can i set the serviece Manager root Directory for the same.

Please give your suggestion.

Thank you friend,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extension Builder 3 has not been updated since Illustrator CC. The link below explains how to get it to work with CC 2014 and says "New developer tools will be released in the future.", but it doesn't look like there have been any updates:

Have you updated your manifest.xml file so that it supports CC 2015.3 (version 20), e.g.

<Host Name=”ILST” Version=”[17.0,20.9]” />

Have you set the PlayerDebugMode flag in the registry for CSXS.7?

What happens if you set the Service Manager Root Folder to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3\CEP\ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you For your Immediate reply.

I am new to extensions,This is my first extension.

So I trying a simple extension.

In Eclipse  File>New>Other>Application Extension Project.

That is Default New Extension Project.

I did not Change any code.

This is a simple extension so I think that there is no need to manifest.xml so I skip manifest.xml .Is it Correct?

I set PlayerDebugMode to 1.Please see the image given below.

I set the Service Manager Root Folder to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3\CEP\  but the problem is not solved.

I export My extension .And installed the zxp using an extension manager mentioned in the thread Adobe Extension manager not working on CC2017

But the extension is installed in Illustrator CC Version only.

Please give your suggesstion to solve this problem

Thank you Friend,

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a manifest.xml file in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\Test3\CSXS\

What happens if you copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\Test3 to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3\CEP\extensions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for immediate help,

My Entire extension project contains no manifest.xml file.

Is The manifest.xml is Compulsary.

Illustrator CC version displays my extension in Windows>extension menu Without using manifest.xml In the extension project.

I just try to create simple extension and install in latest the illustrator versions CC 2015.3 and CC 2017.

i already try to copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\Test3 to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3\CEP\extensions path.But the extension is not shown in the illustrator CC 2015.3 at the time of debugging.But the same code is works fine in illustrator cc version.

I just change the Target illustrator version and Service Manager root Directory  in Preference menu of Eclipse.

I saw the thread Adobe Extension manager not working on CC2017

And Try to install my exported zxp using Anastasiy’s Extension Manager.the extenstion is installed successfully.and shown in Windows>Extension Menu In Illustrator CC Version.

I cant create the accurate zxp for CC 2015.3 because the extension is not shown at the time of debugging.So I can't check Anastasiy’s Extension Manager is supports CC 2015.3 and CC 2017 versions.

Is Anastasiy’s Extension Manager is Correct choice to install extensions for CC 2015.3 and CC 2017 versions.

I dont know is am going correct way.So only asking doubts.

Thank you friend,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think a manifest.xml is compulsory. Are you sure there isn't one in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\Test3\CSXS\

I don't know anything about Anastasiy’s Extension Manager. A zxp file is just a zip file with a different extension. If you rename it to zip, you can see what is inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your support.

I create a new extension project with default settings.So there is no manifest.xml.

I will try with illustrator Sample UI projects and report you soon.

First of All I want to know is it possible to install zxp for illustrator CC 2015.3 and CC 2017.

If it is not possible then i will develop my UI by using native methods(For Windows DialogBox() Function and For MAC interface builder).

If you have simple extension(zxp) For CC 2017 please check and let me know Anastasiy’s Extension Manager is Support to install zxp for CC 2017.If you have not sufficient time to check please give me a simple extension(zxp) for the latest versions of illustrator 2015.3 or CC 2017.I can check is Anastasiy’s Extension Manager is support for the latest version.And choose the better way for my UI development.

Once again thank you for your support.

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can give me your zxp file that works in Illustrator CC, I can have a look at it and see why it won't work in Illustrator CC 2015.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you For your immediate reply.

I Prepared zxp file for you which is run in cc version.

And try to rename it as Zip and extract to view the files as you already said.

Then I am surprised that there an CSXS\manifest.xml exist in the extracted zip File.

Then I add a new Folder CSXS and and new file manifest.xml and copy the content of manifest.xml from extracted zip.

Then changed the following

Service manager root direcory:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3\CEP

Target Illustrator: CC 2015.3

And

<Host Name="ILST" Version="18.0" />

<RequiredRuntime Name="CSXS" Version="5.0" />

as given in Illustrator 2015.3 SDK  Sample  UI projects.

Then I export the project as zxp and Install by using Anastasiy’s Extension Manager.

My extension is shown in Window>Extenstions menu in Illustrator CC 2015.3.

But there is a problem at the time of debugging the extenstion is not shown

I try with copy my project from eclipse's workspace to following locations

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3\CEP\extensions

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions

But the extension is not shown at debuging time.

please give your suggestion to solve this problem.

Please note that I found manifest.xml and solved the problem and install time.So I think that my sample Which is run in CC version is not needed to you for go through it. is it Correct?

Thank you For your Guidance

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nathans47916809  wrote

Then I export the project as zxp and Install by using Anastasiy’s Extension Manager.

My extension is shown in Window>Extenstions menu in Illustrator CC 2015.3.

Where is it being installed? What is the "ILST" version in the manifest.xml?

nathans47916809  wrote

<Host Name="ILST" Version="18.0" />

<RequiredRuntime Name="CSXS" Version="5.0" />

as given in Illustrator 2015.3 SDK  Sample  UI projects.

This is what is says in the Illustrator 2015.3 SDK, but I think it is wrong as 2015.3 is version 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your support.

The Manifest.xml file in the Sample UI Projects of Illustrator (CC2015.3 and CC 2017) has the value ,Like below

<Host Name="ILST" Version="18.0"/>.

So Only I used Version="18.0".

If I use  <Host Name="ILST" Version="18.0"/>.

Then extension is installed in Adobe illustrator Versions CC2014 And CC 2015.3.

else if  I use  <Host Name="ILST" Version="20.0"/>.

Then extension is installed in Adobe illustrator CC 2015.3 only.

Now i'm Understood that Version="20.0" is the Correct choice For Illustrator CC 2015.3.

Thank You for your guidance.

And I m Having a  doubt, Is version value is same as Adobe illustrator Versions?.

Is it Correct?

please note that : At the Time of Debugging I can't  See my extension in Windows>Extension menu.

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the ILST version should be the same as the Illustrator version. You can specify a range of versions:

<Host Name=”ILST” Version=”[17.0,21.9]” />

nathans47916809  wrote

please note that : At the Time of Debugging I can't  See my extension in Windows>Extension menu.

So if you install it you can see the extension when you run Illustrator normally?

Then you debug and you can't see the extension?

If you run Illustrator normally after debugging can you see the extension?

If the answers are Yes, No, No. Then your Extension builder project is probably overwriting the installed extension, probably with a manifest.xml with the wrong ILST version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for you immediate reply.

I can see my extension if only it is installed by using using Anastasiy’s Extension Manager.

Otherwise the extension is not shown at the debugging time and also run illustrator noramlly after debugging.

I try with ILST version 20.0 for CC 2015.3.But the Problem is not solved.

(ie...)The Extension is not shown at the time of debugging.Shows only After Installation.

Please give you suggestion to solve this problem.

Thank you friend,

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The extension installed by Anastasiy’s Extension Manager works.

The extension installed by Extension builder when debugging doesn't work.

So you need to compare the extensions and see what the difference is.

1. Delete your extension from all the CEP/extensions folders.

2. Run Illustrator 2015.3 and check the extension is not shown.

3. Install the extension using Anastasiy’s Extension Manager.

4. Run Illustrator 2015.3 and check the extension is shown.

5. Look in the CEP/extensions folders to see where the extension has been installed.

6. If it is installed in just one folder, go to Step 9.

7. The extension is installed in more than one folder, delete each one in turn and run Illustrator 2015.3 until the extension is not shown.

8. You now know which one is used by Illustrator 2015.3, so install again using Anastasiy’s Extension Manager and select this one.

9. Copy the extension used by Illustrator 2015.3 to your home folder and rename the folder Test3.ok

10. Delete your extension from all the CEP/extensions folders.

11. Debug Illustrator 2015.3 from the Extension Builder and look in the CEP/extensions folders to see where the extension gets installed.

12. Copy the extension to your home folder and rename the folder Test3.broken

13. Use a diff tool to compare the Test3.ok and Test3.broken folders (e.g. WinMerge )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your immediate reply and suggestion.

I try the compare method as you said,and found  that The problem is ILST Version automatically changed at the time of Debugging.I think this is the problem.

When I am trying  Debug As Adobe Illustrator extension  then ILST version automatically changed like below

<Host Name="ILST" Version="[17.0,17.9]" />

But  Exporting ZXP contains a manifest.html in that file  the ILST" Version="20.0" /> which is Same as I Wrote in code(manifest.html).

please see the comparision given below

please give your suggestion how to solved this problem.

Thank you Friend,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow Step 3 to edit the manifest.xml in your extension builder project:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your Suggestion.

I edit manifest.xml and now the extension in shown at the Debugging time,

regards,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

I have faced a problem in Extension Panel With Mac Machine and Illustrator 2017.

The controls(button,radio button,editbox) in Extension panel is not at the time of Debugging.

The  My extension menu (sample)is Shown in Extension menu.

When I click Sample menu then the Empty panel without controls only shown at the time of Debugging.

Is any thing needed to set in Mac Machine like Windows Machine Registry edit PlayerDebugMode.

please note that: If I install my extension then the Controls are shown in the panel.

please give your suggestion to solve this problem.

Thank you friend,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow Step 4 to set PlayerDebugMode on Mac:

I don't think this is causing the problem you describe though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your immediate reply,
I set PlayerDebugMode then then problem is solved.

Thank you friend,

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi ,

My Extension  do not show when i debug in Illustrator 2017. How did you made it?I have tried many solutions,but did not work. Please help me

thank you so  much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Have you set the Following

1)Service Manager Root Directory as C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\CEP

2)Target Application as C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe

3)PlayerDebugMode=1;

If You Already set the above Correctly.

Then The problem is the  manifest.xml file

Follow Step 3 in the below link to edit the manifest.xml in your extension builder project:

set The ILST Version as 21 For CC 2017.

Thank you Friend,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your reply.

I had done all the method you refered, but nothing changed. another question is that

"change the RequireRunTime attribute to : <RequiredRuntime Name=”CSXS” Version=”5.0″ />"  ,  in my host application(Version 21.0) , I should set the RequireRunTime Version as 5.0 or what else? Is 7.0 right?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines