• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC - Unable to Print to any Printer on Domain

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an issue with a number of users where we are unable to print to any printers on the network.

If we add the printer as a local printer we are then able to print okay.

if we log in as another user it works okay.

I have tried the following solutions found on the web.

Print as Image, Disable Security Mode and enhanced security mode, deleting all appdata adobe folders, reinstalling, repairing, and a number of others...

The only solution i have found is deleting the whole windows user profile and recreating, and it still reoccurs eventually.

see these forums for the same issue Acrobat DC cannot print PDF files  How to fix broken "Print to AdobePDF" ?

this problem appears to effect all versions of adobe reader and even acrobat reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Hey Gary,

Just wanted to throw out there that I have had similar issues in my environment as well. We narrowed down the issue to being group policy related. Now..what group policy you say? We have no idea. Its on the backburner at the moment, but I feel it might be a good idea to move that PC/User out of whatever OU it is in, and then try the network printing again. If it works, you know its a policy. If it doesn't work, keep buggin adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Garys62957702,

Looking at the issue description and the troubleshooting steps you have already tried, seems its an issue with the environment you are using the application on.

Please help me with the environment details like the server, OS and if you are working on a virtual environment.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are deploying windows 10 x64 pro to desktop machines. Others have complained of the same issue within other enviroments.

We are deploying adobe reader using your customization wizard, but even the base package contains the issue.

Our printers are deployed via group policy. it appears to effect 1 in 10 of our users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem appears to lie with deployed printers. if i add the printer locally, or via directory, there is no issue printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Garys62957702,

Thank you for the information.

We are looking into the same and will get back to you with an appropriate resolution.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Garys62957702,

Please help us with more information on the same as in, if there is any particular error message the users receive, or if a print job gets created by Reader DC on the server.

Also, please mention if the Reader DC is the only application affected by this behavior and if other applications print appropriately to the printer.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no error message and no print job is created on the print server.

Only adobe reader is affected by this issue all other programs can print without issue.

If you have a local printer set as default it will print to that even if you select another printer, but that local printer has to be set to default for this to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Garys62957702,

Thank you for the information.

We are looking into the same and will get back to you.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Update? as it has been 7 days since your last response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9Hi Garys62957702,

Edited)

Apologies for the delayed response.

The team is still looking into the same and will get back to you as soon as we have a response.

Also, please confirm the following:

If you are able to Print to File from Adobe Reader to any printer and get a file output?

Can Adobe Reader print directly to a printer, by passing the server?

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Garys62957702,

Also, please help us with the Print logs generated on the machines where the issue is reproducible.

For generating the Acrobat Print Logs for Adobe Reader on Windows, please follow the steps below -
1.      Ctrl+R, regedit, Enter
2.      Goto HKLM\SOFTWARE\(Wow6432 in case of 64-bit machine)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureState
3.      Create the above registry key in case it is not present
4.      Add a DWORD to this key – ‘EnablePrintLogging’ and set its value to 1
5.      Now repeat the bug scenario
6.      The log will be obtained in a file called ‘AcrobatPrintLogs.txt’ in the user’s temp directory
7.      It can be reached by Ctrl+R, %temp%, Enter\
8.      Provide us with the failure logs, based upon which we can decide the next action steps

Thanks,
Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gary,

Just wanted to throw out there that I have had similar issues in my environment as well. We narrowed down the issue to being group policy related. Now..what group policy you say? We have no idea. Its on the backburner at the moment, but I feel it might be a good idea to move that PC/User out of whatever OU it is in, and then try the network printing again. If it works, you know its a policy. If it doesn't work, keep buggin adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a  similar problem in my environment too. Seems to only be an issue with one user. Win 10 Pro x64.  When I did a GP update it seems to fix her printing (GP mapped network printers), but only temporarily? Breaks after reboot. This is market as answered, but do not see a solution? Anyone, have a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GP update seems to be fixing the PDF issue . However no permanent solution yet?  We are using Adobe Acrobat DC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines