Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error! Check Activation"

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer: Windows 10 on HP laptop

I am a library technician but I cannot download any ebooks in ADE because I get "Error!Check Activation" message. I used to be able to download book ONLY on my original Toshiba computer, but now I get same message on that computer too. I have done following steps many times over a few weeks:

1. I have followed steps to "Deauthorize computer" on this site. could NOT deauthorize old Toshiba computer or new HP computer because my password is not correct (I have tried every password I can think of but the original password would be years old)

2.Under Computer Authorization, get message "Computer is already authorized"

2.Changed my password several times but can't deauthorize on either computer with new password.

3. Only way I could download ebooks on my HP computer was to uninstall and reinstall ADE everytime I downloaded1 book. If tried to download another book, got "Error!Check Activation" message

4. Have contacted Adobe support to get original password but they could not give me that info.

5. Now I cannot download any books on Toshiba or HP computer even if I uninstall and reinstall program.

Please help. I am supposed to teach library patrons how to use ADE and I cannot download ebooks on my own computer!!!!

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Adobe support chat is of no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with these responses. The only help the Adobe support team would provide was how to download ADE. They said anything beyond that they were not qualified to assist with and referred me to the Adobe Forum saying there were more qualified people there. However, so far, I don't see any staff jumping in to say the problem has been noted an programmers are looking into it. I am concerned that if I proceed to buy a KOBO that I will continue to have the same issues as I have with my Sony reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!!   Chat was uselss.  AnYbody have an answer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The proposed fix worked (Windows 10),. Thakns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Percy, could you please tell me which proposed fix? So many suggestions have been coming in. Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one:

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still didn't work. I see that some say not to authorize the computer and some say to do so. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry/ Can't help you.  Although for this quasi-Luddite, I found the instructions somewhat confusing, I followed them all and was successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have started to go through the "fix'

stuck on "enter name and location for backup key registration" what do I type in?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just pick a name and file it anywhere on your PC. Eg name it ADE error fix and file it on your desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sorry it did not work. Not being a "programmer" loathe to fiddle around.

thanks for trying to help me

I have tried again. I re 'authorised'    and I can now down load books from library

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the instructions for windows helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem today (with ADE version 3).  All I did was de-authorizing the computer (On windows Ctrl-Shift-D) and reauthorizing.  It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines