• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placed Images Suddenly Become Blurry When Exported to PDF

Participant ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a flyer and I have 3 placed images that look just fine while working in InDesign, but become extremely blurry when I export the document to a PDF. My display performance is set to high quality, and all 3 images are PNG and none were edited using photoshop or rotated. They were simply placed directly into the document positioned and sized. The strangest part is that I have been working on this document off and on for weeks and this wasn't an issue until today. I had exported this same InDesign document with the same 3 images at least 10x with no issues like this.

The first image is just a place holder until I decide on which licensed image to purchase, but is still a high quality image and should not be blurry. Here it is in the InDesign document:

and here it is exported into a PDF:

Second Image:

Exported PDF:

And third image (looks like the second one but they are different files):

and exported PDF:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so part of the issue is that I did not realize I had switched from exporting to a print PDF to an interactive PDF, changing back to print got rid of about 90% of the image distortion. My placeholder image (the walnuts) looks fine, it didn't appear to blur at all, but with my two logos I am still looking at this....

InDesign:

Print PDF:

InDesign:

Print PDF:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all the default settings it reduces the resolution. if you're going to zoom to 1200% you may see the difference but dies it affect print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am printing on a high-resolution business graphics printer (although it doesn't seem to matter, results are the same on my personal HP printer) and the images are still slightly distorted when the PDF is printed. The only reason these are zoomed in so far is to not share any sensitive information as this flyer is being made for business purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines