• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing Banner Ad Size

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to using Animate for HTML5 banner ads and I was wondering how I can work to get my ad down to the required 150kb for AdWords. I'm using relatively simple animation and all the image assets, html, and js files created are under 150kb collectively, but when I compress them into a zip, it's over 400kb. I realize that there may be a lot of overhead generated depending on how the animations are executed, but as I've seen much more complex ads running, I must be missing something in the production process. Thank you for any advice you can provide!

Zach

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont need to include working FLA file in ZIP file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that isnt problem, then are your images to big, use https://tinypng.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are also including the lib folder you should be able to use a hosted version of those. See Shared Libraries Exception in this paper:

White Paper: HTML5 Banner Ads With CreateJS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. Even when I exclude the lib folder, I end up with a 394 kb zip file, even though everything inside seemingly adds up to about 100kb. I tried making an ad with little to no animation, and that nearly tripled in size upon compression. I guess my question now is what is causing there to be so much extra data that I can't see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an example of your zip file so we can help troubleshoot?

Like marjantrajkovski said, you should not include your Fla file in the final zip.  That's just the source file and will not be part of the assets needed for trafficking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Discovered that creating all the elements within animate as opposed to importing them from Illustrator/Photoshop solved most of my problems. Thanks everyone for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines