• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black bars on the side of animation will be the death of me...

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hey...I know this questions has come up again and again. I've read the threads, applied the solutions and ended up like the rain forest..stumped . I set out to create a spinning coin. I made it with 3d layers in After Effects. Below I have include my Composition Settings and Export Settings, also a screen shoot of the black bars when it is in Quicktime and a screen shot of it in After Effects. I was thinking maybe because they are 3d layers i may be exporting to the wrong format? Any ideas would be epic! Cheers!

In Quicktime.pngIn Quicktime with bars

In AE.pngIn After Effects no bars

Comp Settings.pngComp Settings

Render Settings.pngExport Settings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

I ended up just painting the black boxes frame by frame in photoshop. Worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

import your video back to Ae. create a composition from that video. do you see black bars? if not, your video is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei thanks for the response.

I imported the video back into AE and created a composition from it. Unfortunately, it still had the black bars.

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.41.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the codec you're using -- h.264.  It only encodes properly in certain horizontal & vertical dimensions.  Your comp dimensions don't match any standard dimensions.

The fix: render in a different codec.  I like quicktime movies in Photo JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG or ProRes 422 (if you have it) codecs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave thanks for the input.

I exported the video as a Quicktime movie in both ProRes422 and png. Unfortunately, the bars where still there as well as some blurring on the coin, see below. Export settings are below as well.

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.32.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 1.31.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up just painting the black boxes frame by frame in photoshop. Worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you render interlaced from pro res?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines