• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph space after???

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the weirdest problem...been using InDesign for years and about a week ago this started happening: I select a line of text, then go to change the "space after" inch amount in the paragraph window. Instead of entering the numbers in the "space after" paragraph box, it deletes the text I selected and copies over the number in my text box. So, if I'm trying to add .03 inches of space at the end of a paragraph, I will go to the window and try to type in ".03" but instead it deletes my type and writes ".03" in the text box. Sorry if I'm not explaining this well. It's driving me crazy, I have several brochures to work on and I use space after all the time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

This problem is asked and answered already many, many times over here before: change the text preferences to NOT show the OpenType adornment on selection and text frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You explained it very well and I can duplicate your problem and then suddenly it stopped showing the problem and all was OK.

The only thing I can suggest is click in one of the fields for something else, apply a number,. and then try space after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is asked and answered already many, many times over here before: change the text preferences to NOT show the OpenType adornment on selection and text frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, I should have searched more thoroughly in the forum first. I appreciate it, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh, now I got it!

One more thing, though. If you click, not select, the text, the problem doesn't happen. Mostly because there is no OpenType adornment visible when you click.

It's OK for setting paragraph attributes for a sing paragraph, but not if you need to work on several paragraphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines