• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font appears fine in Acrobat Pro DC but different in Chrome

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF that I'm trying to edit. While in Acrobat, editing the text causes no problems and the document looks perfect. When I save it and open it in Mac PDF Preview or Safari web viewer, the document looks fine too. However, when I open it in Chrome's web viewer, the new text appears a bit thinner and different.

This same issue appears to be discussed here for InDesign: Does anybody know why type might render strangely when viewing a PDF in Chrome, Firefox and IE?

However, that post is rather old and I'm not sure why this is still occurring? I'm worried that the people I send it to will see the incorrect fonts. How can I fix this without using a different font? It's "ColaborateLight" font by the way, if that matters.

EDIT: I'm also noticing that the font giving me issues has "Identity-H" encoding while the others have ANSI encoding. Is this relevant at all?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has its own PDF viewer that is causing the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is there a way to prevent this from happening regardless of which viewer is used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not when you are dealing with bugs in non Adobe viewers. When something like good even in Apple's Preview, then there definitely is something wrong with Chrome's PDF viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines