• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image size for Photos

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand new to PE.  I'm using version 15 on an iMac.

When I try to apply Pan and Zoom to my photos my photo shows as a rectangle and the pan or zoom selection area only sizes to a square.  I can't select the whole photo due to the difference.

Do I need to resize my photos?  If so, how do you do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing the photos won't make a difference. The Pan & Zoom tool bases the shape of its Focus Frames on the 16:9 size of your project's video frame. And you can't make the frame larger than the photo.

That's why I prefer to create pan and zooms manually by keyframing animation of the Motion properties.

I've got a free tutorial on Basic Keyframing on my web site if you're interested.

*** Basic Keyframing ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response.  I will watch your video. 

i don't want to make the frame larger than the photo, just the same size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because your video frame is 16:9 and your photo is likely 4:3 (or even 3:4), you will need to either fit your photo within your video frame with black bars on either side or trim off a bit of the photo's top and/or bottom in order to fit the photo width-wise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines