Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to Excel "Conversion Failure"

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are trying to export PDF document to an Excel document and every time we receive an error message saying "Conversation Failure".

The size of this document is 15MB and we doubt that the issues are related to the size limit.

We have also tried following things:

- exporting the document into .docx

- exporting the document into .xlsx

- exporting the document on the cloud

and all ends up with the same error message

Conversion Failure.jpg

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you convert from PDF to Excel? Are you using Adobe Acrobat or the ExportPDF service? If it's the latter, are you using it by uploading the file directly to the web service, or are you using the interface built into the free Adobe Reader? If this problem occurs from within Adobe Reader, try to upload the file directly to https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf ​, wait until the file is converted and then download the Excel document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

I have tried from Adobe Acrobat since I have Creative Cloud and I don't use free Adobe Reader interface. As I mentioned in my previous post I have already tried uploading a file directly to the web service and the result of exporting pdf to excel end up with "Conversation Failure" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the following information with us:

1. The Acrobat dot version you are using to convert the files

2. The file that you are trying to convert.

Sending you a private message with the email address you need to share the information at.

Please mention the forum id in the mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Girija,

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to export the PDF downloaded on ICE website ICE Report Center - Data (all contracts file)

attached are the properties of my Acrobat. Please note that I had no issues exporting this and all of a sudden it's impossible.Thanks

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran the same test with Acrobat DC Pro on a Mac and on Windows 10. I am using the same version you have installed. It works on the Mac, but fails on Windows. I also split the document in half to see if the number of pages or the file size would make a difference, but that also did not give me an Excel document on Windows. Then I went one further and split the more than 2200 pages into 500 page chunks, and that worked. I created an Action that would process multiple files with just a couple of mouse clicks to make the conversion of the five resulting files easier.

girijaAgarwal​: I hope this information helps to debug the problem on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Karl so much. Ideally, I would like to see all of the files in one excel sheet since it's being imported into a very complicated system that extracts the data from it. Hopefully Adobe will deal with this asap. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Girija,

As you can see the problem is in Windows application. Considering the price of the yearly membership, i would expect to have fully functional applications. Can you please make sure this is being sorted out and keep me posted on the updates. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved? I see this was posted back in 2017 and I'm also having the same issue exporting PDF to Excel. What is ADOBE doing about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eugeneh,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you are experiencing issue in exporting PDF to Excel, could you please provide the information as asked below:

- Exact version of the application that you are using to export the PDF. Take help of the steps mentioned here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

- Are you on Mac or Windows? What is the OS version installed?

- Is it an issue with some particular file? If yes, please share the file with us so we can replicate the issue. Refer the steps mentioned here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud to share the file.

- Did you try to export PDF online here https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines