Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Forums Banner Challenge 2

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Round 1 of the Forums Banner Challenge was awesome. Congratulations to the winner of the last round: 99jon, and well done to all of the other entries. In case you missed it, check out the first Banner Challenge!

Purpose: Create a Lightroom Forums Banner for the Lightroom forums overview page.

LRBannerChallenge-wide.jpg

Using the template in this post, submit your Lightroom Forums Banner design by attaching your image in a response to this thread. We’ll then select the best submissions and use them for our Lightroom Forums banner image. A new banner image will be selected by an internal Adobe committee every 3 months and used in the Lightroom forums.

Use the attached banner template design as a starting point for your designs and will help you position your imagery where it won’t be covered:

Image dimensions: 1150px ×150px (72dpi)

File size: 30kb or less

File types: .JPG or .PNG

Please keep all submissions Lightroom-related (Lightroom UI is OK to use), safe for work, and use image content you have the rights to (do not use any copyrighted images).

Post your designs to this thread, and we'll select the winner around February 2017. The chosen winner's design will be featured in the Lightroom Forums, which is seen by over 10,000 people each month!

Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Regards

Adobe Social Team

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just bumping up this discussion in case anyone would like to submit a banner!

Let me know if there's any missing information.

Melissa Rios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A comment Melissa-

Image dimensions in your post 1400x150

The Template is 1150x150, which is correct?

Forum Banner RHC.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey wobertc​,

Whoops! Forgot to change that part. The template is correct - 1150x150. I'll change it in the original post so that it's clear to any newcomers.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And changed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my contribution:

banner-lr.jpg

The image above is 30 kb, but has jpg artifacts in the sky. (exported at 45 quality, which isn't enough for the sky)

Below is a better version, 54 kb. (70 quality)

Considering the high internet speeds we have now, the 30 kb limit seems unreasonable.

And the Jive pages load so slowly anyway, so I don't think anyone would see any extra delay even if the banner image was 300 kb.

Besides, the image will be cached in the browser, and should only need to downloaded from the server once.

banner-lr-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Berntsen​ and wobertc,

Thank you both for your submissions. Since there were two submissions in total, I'm going to put each of your banners up for two months. I'm starting with the last submitted one so that would be Per's and then come April 14th, I'll switch out the banner.

Per, I've changed the banner to your image (the 54kb one) - it looks great!

Thanks again for the submissions!

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Melissa, looks pretty good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you like mountain panos here is one from 10 scanned Kodachromes (remember that stuff)  As above, the 30kb export looks bad so this one is 56kb.

Banner-4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob Somrak​,

That image is beautiful. Thanks for submitting it. I'll change the banner to yours after wobertc​'s is up there. So yours should be up on June 14th.

Thanks again.

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Melissa, and a double thanks for all your great work on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a landscape from Kidepo National Park in Northern Uganda...

GW20161229-52468.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geoff the kiwi​,

Wow, I've never seen so many elephants at one time. I'll add yours to the queue - it should be up on August 14th!

Thanks for the image!

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks F. McLion​,

I'll add yours up on Oct. 14th.

On that note, since we're now ten months out. I'm gonna close submissions for this Banner Challenge so that our next one isn't too far away.

Thanks again, everyone!

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines