Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here are my system specs

Ram: 8gb

CPU: i7-4770

Product: Adobe Indesign CS6

Here’s what I’m doing: Table cells containing large amounts of text don’t display all the text they contain (instead I get the red dot indicating hidden text), so I use the story editor to view the hidden text in order to cut and paste it into a visible position in another cell. It is usually upon opening the story editor that Indesign crashes.

This is quite a large file that I am working on (104 pages), if that helps.

I looked into my Windows event logs and it appears to be an issue with a module called "galleyui". Any sort of insight or help would be appreciated as this is a project for work.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

CS6 is not supported under Windows 10. You’re on your own but here’s the only two suggestions I have.

1. Trash your preferences

2. Run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not supported under Windows 10. You’re on your own but here’s the only two suggestions I have.

1. Trash your preferences

2. Run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I looked into my Windows event logs and it appears to be an issue with a module called "galleyui".

Hi,

indeed GalleyUI is the module for showing the Story Window.

If it is constantly crashing InDesign then you have no choice other than Bob is recommending.

What excact version of inDesign CS6 are you using?
Go to the Help menu and click "About InDesign". When holding the CTRL key ( ? I'm not sure, I'm on Mac OSX, there it is the cmd key ) you'll get detailed info about your version.

Here a view of that window from my German InDesign CS6 8.1.0.419 on Mac OSX:

DetailedInfo-InDesign-Version-CS6.png

If your version of CS6 is 8.0.0 or 8.0.1 it is worth updating.

At least a 8.0.2 version of InDesign CS6 for Windows should be available.

I scrolled a bit in the section where the necessary InDesign modules are listed.

There I can see ( for my Mac version ) that the modules Galley and GalleyUI were updated ( maybe fixed? ) with my 8.1.0 version of inDesign. Wheras e.g. ContentDropper 8.0.0.370 seems to be the same as in the version of CS6 when it first was issued in 2012:

GalleyUI-Updated-with-8.1.0.png

Regards,
Uwe

// EDITED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines