• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Hyperlinks in InDesign 2017

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running InDesign CC 2017 Build 12.0.0.81 on an iMac running 10.11.6.

I have a 32 page document with about 50 hyperlinks. Some go out to the web, some just move to a page within the doc. Most of them I can highlight and am can choose to edit the link through the hyperlink panel, but a few broken links, won't let me edit them. I've right-clicked on the link, I've gone to the hyperlinks menu I've tried changing it through the story editor and still I can't change the links destination.

HELP! I have a sample page that I can provide someone to review.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a work around, I'm retyping the text elsewhere, applying the link, and then copying and pasting over top of the "broken" link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beuller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related image

Relax. I'm a professional.

Did you try exporting to IDML and round-tripping that back in to test whether the behavior still persists?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, very funny! I think the behavior is actually a bug in the program, so exporting to IDML etc seems like a lot of work for something that should be fixed by the developers! Thanks again for the laff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try to select and edit the problematic broken links through the Hyperlinks panel.

Select the Window>Interactive>Hyperlinks menu command to open the panel. This should let you select any hyperlink in the document and edit each of them to a satisfactory result for you.

@Michael Witherell -- Awesome reply. I laughed ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I did use that hyperlink panel. it would not allow me to edit them there, or remove the link. hence my request for help, i think it's a bug in this build of indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign updated last week (12.1.0.56). Did you try it again?

If you waiting to upgrade, there was a patch that should help. Let us know.

InDesign CC 2017 crashes on macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

We here at my company are late to the party of Creative Cloud and have just recently installed CC. The question concerning crashing when creating links is relevant and causing issues for our creatives. We are using Windows OS.

Thanks for any assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

this thread here is about InDesign CC 2017 started about a year ago.

You probably have installed CC 2018.

If that's the case please open a new thread on the issues you are seeing.

Provide details on version numbers for InDesign and Windows system.

Also let us know what kind of links you are doing.

Thanks,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines