• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time remapping bug with lights and imported null from Cinema4D (aec)

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm working on a video clip project where I did 3D renders of a moving car in Cinema4D. I also exported a AEC file to get the front and rear lights position of the car. I imported everything in After Effects.

My compositing hierarchy is as below:

--- Pre-Comp with 3D render

01.PNG

-- Pre-Comp with car lights position and flares

02.PNG

- Main Comp with the car Pre-Comp (Collapse Transformation to get the shadows; hidden here to get a better view) and Background

03.PNG

This way I can adjust the car position, duplicate, good enough!

For this scene I needed to speed up the car mouvement so I did a time remapping on the car Pre-Comp. I don't know if my compositing workflow is the best but now, as you can see in this video I made (here: Dropbox - AFX_TimeRemap-BUG.mp4 ) I have glitches and issues with my lights position. In this screencast the first part is the second Pre-Comp (with car lights position and flares), second part is the main Comp without time remapping and the third part is with time remapping.

If you reached the end of my topic well done! My question is: are these glitches and bugs part of my compositing workflow or is it a AE bug? ^^

Thanks guys

Florian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0ather  wrote

....are these glitches and bugs part of my compositing workflow or is it a AE bug? ^^

It's more of the improper choice of applications.  You ought to be doing this in C4D and not AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those glitches look like cache problems to me. Purge everything and try rendering again.

If all else fails nest your original comp in a new one and turn collapse transformations off before applying time remapping. This is almost always a good idea. The only thing I know that won't allow this is Particular from Trapcode and a few other particle and time effects. You just have to render those layers and replace them before you apply Time Remapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with cache glitches. Those are issues in Optical Flares due to its OpenGL renderer and the position of externally referenced elements not updating fast enough. You have to use the software render mode and turn GPU usage off or pre-render the sequence.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great catch Mylenium. The rendering speed of the different effects did not even cross my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys!

Wow thanks very much for your replies! I'm gonna try on Monday your solution and I'll let you know.

I'd never thought it was caused by GPU/OpenGL calculations so thanks for pointing out this issue!

Cheers and have a good weekend,

Florian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the recommended solution work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys!

Sorry I just find the time to try out.

- "Use GPU" option is unchecked in optical flares plugin.

- Comps 3D Renderer is Classic 3D.

- Video rendering mode is Mercury Software.

- Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer and Footage Panels is unchecked from the preferences.

Unless I missed something in your recommandations Mylenium, the only solution is to prerender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines