• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Mode / Full Screen Mode With Menu Bar (Odd Behavior)

Engaged ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way for me to explain this is through screen shots.

I can't find a pattern to when this issue appears, but I am beginning to lean toward something to do with low RAM.

I mostly work in Full Screen Mode With Menu Bar, and sometimes the panels (AND MENU BAR) disappears. This is not a matter of hitting the TAB key in order to bring back the panels. The menu bar itself has disappeared (you will notice the empty space in the screen shot).

This is Standard Mode.

standard.jpg

This is Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar (as it should be).

full-screen-with-menu-bar-and-panels.jpg

This is the problem (when Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar disappears). I have tried to reset the workspace and even tried to change workspaces, but this issue sticks around until I restart Photoshop. Full Screen Mode itself works just fine.

full-screen-menu-bar-panels-disappear.jpg

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and version of photoshop are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the photoshop cs4 preferences might resolve the issue.

Press and hold the Shift+Ctrl+Alt keys just after starting the launch of photoshop cs4

(you have to be quick about pressing the keys or you want get the below dialog)

Keep holding the keys down until you get a dialog asking if you want to Delete the adobe photoshop settings file

Press Yes

set.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably going to answer my own question, but this particular computer is WinXP (ducks from all the laughter), and CS4. I have been waiting over 5 years to upgrade everything, but there are life-reasons why it's been over 5 years, trust.

I have reset preferences a few times throughout the years, but the problem comes back. Again, I cannot narrow this down to any particular event, so maybe it's a matter of an old OS and possibly low RAM. WinXP has that 4GB cap, and it seems when my system passes 3GB of RAM, all sorts of things begin to happen, but this issue has even happened with nothing else opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this same issue, and it doesn't return until I restart photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. I'm on a beefy Windows 10 computer running Photoshop CC 2019 and having this same issue. Can't seem to find any other references online, either. It's confounding! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines