• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Image - frustrations

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a long time Adobe customer and I'm really frustrated that I'm unable to import images directly to Acrobat, Photoshop, and Lightroom directly from my scanner, Epson GT-S80 like I use to be able to. I have contact support and chat support with out being told to go get help from another group within Adobe. From what I can tell, the CC suite doesn't support it.

Extremely frustrated.

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

For Photoshop, take a look at this page Use the TWAIN scanner plug-in

For Lightroom, you can set up a watched folder, and use the standalone scanning software to save to that folder, and the images will be automatically imported.

For Acrobat, sorry, can't help you with that.

Generally speaking, it's IMO much better to use the standalone scanning software, and save the files to disk, then open them in Photoshop. This allows you work uninterrupted in Photoshop, without having to wait for the scanner

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Huskersnebraska,

May I know which version of Photoshop are you using and on which operating system?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using Mac OS/X El Capitan, 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please elaborate what is happening when you are trying to open an image in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Photoshop, take a look at this page Use the TWAIN scanner plug-in

For Lightroom, you can set up a watched folder, and use the standalone scanning software to save to that folder, and the images will be automatically imported.

For Acrobat, sorry, can't help you with that.

Generally speaking, it's IMO much better to use the standalone scanning software, and save the files to disk, then open them in Photoshop. This allows you work uninterrupted in Photoshop, without having to wait for the scanner to finish.

You could also take a look at Vuescan - a third party scanning program - which apparently has a TWAIN driver. I use Vuescan a lot, but only as standalone, so I have no experience with the TWAIN driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines