Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shake Reduction tool very very slow

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening

I have a problem with this tool which as said in the title is really very slow... I load a picture in RAW format with a certain level of blur and as soon as this tool start it become very slow... to the point that this tool is simply unusable... If i do any change on any slide it's at least 30 minutes of calculation (?)

There is my computer spécifications :

I7 - 6850K 3.60 Ghz

32 gigabytes of Ram

GTX 1080

So now I call on your help please because i don't know what to do...  everything else in PS seems to work perfectly.

Thanks in advance to all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Serge,

May I know which version of Photoshop are you using?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil.Chawla  wrote

Hi Serge,

May I know which version of Photoshop are you using?

Regards,

Sahil

Well we know it is CC for Shake reduction to be available, so we could ask if Serge has all updates.

What is the size of the image in pixels?

What are your GPU settings in Preferences > Performance?

What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le même problème avec PSE14!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serge, your processor only has 6 Cores so that's part of the slowdown.  If you open Task Manager  > performance, you'll see that your CPU will max out.  Not much activity in Memory or with the GPU, it's all on the CPU.  

Even with my i7 9700K at 4.6 Ghz it is slower than the last version of Photoshop and will max out the CPU for a few minutes.  Especially if I do a 16bit RAW image from my D850.

Upgrading your CPU would help or just don't shake.  Like I mentioned, much slower than prior versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have i9 9700 CPU with 32 GB of a RAM  and it maxes out on Shake Reduction and Spin Blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same processor with 32 gig ram and 6 dddr 6 gig ram on video card. Mine take up to 45 mins to un one shake reduction !!! YES 45 mins. It is a brand new computer, I have had it tested for cpu problems as well , none what so ever. This is BEYOND unacceptable. This processor is supposed to be 100 % compatible, hence why I just bout this exact computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use this feature at all now 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you use then if need be ?  Another program? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Sharpen and select motion blur mode. But honestly I am trying to avoid blurry photos as much as possible and better do extra shot just in case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !! I will try this if need be !!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realise I'm replying on a two-year-old comment. I was curious what you meant by "doing" a 16bit RAW from the D850.

As far as I know that camera (and all current full frame stills cameras) only capture 14bit raw. There is the option to save to 16 bit TIFF, I think, but the sensor can only capture 14bits of data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines