Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Photoshop Text for Logo?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I really like the font Athelas, this font came with my CS5 product license. I would like to use this font for the word : LUXE , which would be our logo.

Am I permitted to use this font as is for a logo to be placed on products such as a watch or T-Shirt then sell those products to customers? I believe this is considered

a commercial license.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

You can use fonts that came with CS5 freely for logos and other commercial work.

But Athelas is not an Adobe font (it is a Type Together font), and I'm pretty sure it was never bundled with Photoshop.

Assuming that you have a license for it, see the EULA here: http://www.type-together.com/resources/eula/TT-EULA.pdf

It is however available through Typekit at no extra cost if you have a Creative Cloud subscription.

Be aware that Typekit fonts cannot be accessed like normal fonts on your computer, the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use fonts that came with CS5 freely for logos and other commercial work.

But Athelas is not an Adobe font (it is a Type Together font), and I'm pretty sure it was never bundled with Photoshop.

Assuming that you have a license for it, see the EULA here: http://www.type-together.com/resources/eula/TT-EULA.pdf

It is however available through Typekit at no extra cost if you have a Creative Cloud subscription.

Be aware that Typekit fonts cannot be accessed like normal fonts on your computer, they are hidden. So you can't send a Typekit font along with the document to a printer. You either have to make a pdf, which will embed the font, or if the printer has a CC subscription, you could send the original document.

Other than that, from what I've read, you may be better off making the logo in Illustrator.

I don't use Photoshop for text, neither do I use Illustrator, so I can't give you any more advice. For all I know, using Photoshop for this logo might be OK.

Let's hope somebody else chimes in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines