Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 3D model not showing

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So I downloaded some free models from tf3dm on the .obj file. When I imported them into Element 3D they were all not showing. I tried addind some materials from element itself but that didnt fix it either. The model is just invisible for some reason. I tried multiple models, all .obj and from different creators and such so its not the models' fault.. here are some screenshots, of when I import it and what I see with the materials that come with it, and with some element materials on it. By the way I use element all the time with the video copilot model packs and then it works fine. also works fine with mask extrudes models.

Gyazo - e663fb729975aa63a4c165b2bfe1e27f.png

Gyazo - dd082fc7527d242f8cdf3f977f93ceaa.png

https://gyazo.com/a8c6b0ae66b0ec2008a2a9d90b0af8c4​

thanks for any he

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works just fine on my end, which likely makes this once again a specific hardware-related issue.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Well maybe there is another way to make what I want to make. I want a square crate/box, with every side a different texture. And the top needs to be able to open, so a hollow box. Can I make that in E3D?

Thanks,

Quinten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Code One Films,

Sounds like you are having trouble with the Element 3D plug-in. It appears our expert, Mylenium, finds no fault with your 3D models so there must be something going on with your computer or installation of Element 3D. Can you file a case with Video Copilot and report back here with what they suggest? Please report back with the results. It would be appreciated so much.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when i motion tracked a text and placed it into the scene it was good but when I apply element plugin to the text layer the text dissapers from the screen and when I press scene setup in element plugin it says no model now what do I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may seem dumb, but have you tried scalling up the imported model?  I noticed that some character animations I downloaded from Mixamo and converted in Blender were tiny when imported into Element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines