• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background color not showing

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone , I am new to after effects  and I don't know anything about after effects , layers , composition . . . NOTHING ! ! !     So I'll be asking you some  ' very stupid questions '  along the way  so please pardon my ignorance.

Question No.1 :  I've started my first lesson by  composition > new composition etc. but when I click and select a background color , etc the color does not show up in the composition panel . . . . what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get a tranpsarent background like a grid  (  checkerboard )  there is a button called Toggle transparency grid ( it looks like a grid )

let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, that's it. Accidentally clicked on it. Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background color of a comp WILL NOT RENDER. The only use for adding a background color is to provide edge color adjustments to alpha channels when they are rendered pre-multiplied with color. There is no other practical use for a composition background color.

If you want a colored background add a colored solid to the composition and put it on the bottom layer.

I have never met anybody that has successfully just opened up After Effects and started working with any kind of success. If you are new please start here: Basic AE

You also need to study up on video standards and video compression. When you first start out none of you compositions should say Custom in the Composition settings and you should not modify any of the output module or Adobe Media Encoder rendering presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I started using AE last week and now I'm a pro making $900/day at a high end mograph agency, sry dude, some of us are naturals!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines