• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Fresh Install Comp Is White

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help with this. I am an experienced Ae user. I have been googling this issue and it seems something that other people have had issues with but no one has been able to give a straight answer or solution to. My Hard Drive died on an MSI GE laptop with Nvidia 960M GFX card. Installed a Solid State Samsung drive, ran fresh installation, and downloaded Ae from my Cloud license on a Windows 10 operating system. Launched Ae last night and the composition preview screen is solid white. No matter how much I zoom it stays white with NO borders. If I import an image and drop it into the comp I get no visual feedback from the window. Wireframe is NOT activated. I have checked the comp setting and even with background colour image set to black all I get is an endless white zone which offers no visual feedback regardless of what I do in the comp. I have tried adding solids and video and still nothing. I have got the most up to date drivers from Nvidia so this should not be a problem. Photoshop works fine. Premiere seems to work fine. I have yet to test Cinema 4D, but given I am a Motion Graphics design director and After Effects is my main tool this is extremely frustrating as it renders the machine useless as a working tool. Its also worth mentioning that before the internal Hard Drive died it ran everything perfectly and was a true desktop replacement machine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all versions of AE behave that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried to run legacy copies, only the latest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.0.1 or 14.1.0?

Try CC 2014 or CC 2015.3 and see if they behave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man, do you know if I can download legacy copies through cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

See this page. You can install CS6, CC, CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.3, and CC 2017 and run them all alongside each other if you wanted to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I installed CC2015 and the same thing. Literally installed it 10 minutes ago, launched it and did not change a single thing, and the comp preview panel is white. I literally did not change a single thing just launched a fresh installation and same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System info please down to the last decimal point. Make sure you have the right drivers installed. Try opening Preferences>Display and turning cycling through Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer and Footage panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System info please down to the last decimal point. Make sure you have the right drivers installed. Try opening Preferences>Display and turning cycling through Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer and Footage panels.

Mark: Did this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid it did not. I have even been on the msi site and redownloaded every single appropriate driver for Mt make and model. Still nothing. Truly head scratching right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try CC 2014. It is the last version with the old architecture. Just to see if it's related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for others looking at this thread, there are some screenshots demonstrating his issue in a duplicate thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Szalam, although it feels great to contribute to the forum and adobe community, I have still not had a solution from anyone at Adobe, I have tried MSI support and they have said my laptop is now running exactly as it should be. Every driver is ok and up to date. I have run the Nvidia diagnostic and got the correct Graphics Card drivers and I have tried 2014, 2015 and 2017 After effects and they all yield the same result. So currently, as a work tool for doing my every day job it is useless. Right now, I cannot afford a new laptop and as such might as well cancel my cloud subscription as without After Effects running on a laptop I am paying for something that does not work.

I have searched this problem and there are threads on reddit and creative cow and no one seems to have a solution the threads just end up drifting into obscurity. If anyone knows whats happened here it would be much appreciated, thanks

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest contacting Adobe support (ask for the video queue). This sort of technical issue is what they are there for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines